Angel Academy (14)

~Emma's Point of View~

The spring air began to warm as the week went on. I spent my days in class trying to absorb all this new material and any free time I had was spent with Ava trying to set me on fire or watching the boys play video games. My nights were with Trinity, studying and working hard. It was finally Friday now, which meant the weekend was finally here.

Classes were over and I was outside in the field, playing catch with a football with Trinity and the guys, since Ava decided I needed a break. I remember what she said. "Rest up and try to get back what little strength you already had." I shook my head at this memory and tuned back to what I was doing.

"So, how was class today, Emma?" Merick asked me as he threw the football to me.

"Good besides the fact that Miss. Helbourne gave us a ridiculous three page essay to do on how elements affected inventions," I complained and tossed the ball to Riley.

"Ouch. That really blows chunks. Not only do you have that, but you have your first Survival tomorrow," Riley said. I looked at him questioningly. I could see Merick look uneasy now.

"What's survival?" I asked, as Riley passed the ball to River. River thought for a moment then passed it to me.

"It's an event every Saturday afternoon that all freshmen and up participate in," he explained.

"Where's it at?" I asked, passing the ball to Merick.

"The entire forest," Merick answered.

Holy crud! The forest is huge! How can people go in there with out getting lost?

"What's the object of the game?" I asked, as Merick passed the ball to Trinity.

"To find a flag and bring it back. There's only a certain number of flags and they're all hidden among the forest. You only have until three o'clock," Trinity said and she passed it to Riley.

"And if you don't get a flag, you have an extra lesson of E.P.E every day after classes until the next Survival," Riley added. I shuddered at his comment. I couldn't imagine having to go to that class twice as much. Riley passed the ball back to me.

"Survivals a really big deal around here. Kids have gotten hurt before. That's why I say we all try to stick togeather," announced Merick. We all nodded in agreement.

We played catch and talked until dinner. After dinner, Trinity helped me with my big paper and I managed to piece togeather the first page. I was too tired to go on so I crawled into my bed and thought.

If all freshmen and above participate in Survival, then how am I going to get a flag? And since Trinity and the boys will be getting flags too, that means I'm going to be alone for most of it. A nervous feeling passed through me.

That night I had a nightmare. It was of Survival and I had managed to get a flag. Feeling so happy and relieved, I started running through the forest back to the field where we started. But right before I left the forest, Ava was there. She jumped out at me and started attacking me. In the end, my body was burned badly and I couldn't get up. I was left there alone to die.

"Emma wake up," I heard a voice call out to me. My eyes flew open as I saw Trinity's face. I was sweating and shaking lightly. Trinity was staring at me with concern. I looked over to the clock and it read eleven a.m.