Angel Academy (4)

~Emma's Point of View~

As Riley pushed open the door, bright light attacked my eyes. The Headmaster's room was circular and all made of stone.

Four big tall windows covered one whole wall and you could see that huge green field from them.

In the center in front of the windows sat the Headmaster at his mahogany desk. He smiled at me.

"Welcome to Angel Academy, Emma. We're happy to have you here!" he said to me. I looked him up and down.

I was picturing some old guy (thanks to Riley, I was thinking Dumbledore) but this guy seemed to be around 30 years old. He had brown hair and warm light brown eyes. On him was a gray suit.

We walked right up in front of his desk. He extended his hand to me. I froze. Merick put his hand on the small of my back and pressured me a bit forward. I finally shook it.

He smiled again. "In your room, there's a schedule and all the books you'll need. Do you have any questions?"

I paused. "Yes. How did I get accepted here? What did I have to do?"

"All the students here at Angel Academy have one thing in common. They can control an element," he stated.

"...An element?" I asked, confused.

"Yes. Water, Earth, Air, and Fire," he answered.

"What do you mean by "control"," I said.

He smiled then raised his left hand to a small plant in front of him on his desk. Suddenly, water came out of the plant and it wilted a little. His index finger started to go around in a circle. The water started to swirl in front of me.

My eyes grew huge and I gasped. "H-How are you doing that?!" I exclaimed.

"Inside of you, you have a powerful gene. It allows you to control one element. My element is water. But when you become more advanced with your element, you can alter it," the Headmaster explained.

He raised his left hand again and the water froze. Ice was now floating in front of my eyes. The Headmaster turned his waist and swung his arm.

The ice flew around him and went out one of the slightly opened windows. It fell to the ground outside.

Suddenly, Riley raised his right hand. Water came out of the plant again. He then turned it into steam.

After that, he froze it, then molded it. The ice changed shape into a rose. Merick rolled his eyes. The Headmaster smiled broadly.

I turned to Riley amazed. Then I turned to Merick. "What's your element?" I asked.

Merick looked down. He almost looked ashamed. I furrowed my eyebrows, confused

"Go on, Merick. Show her," said the Headmaster. Merick looked up at him then nodded. Riley seemed to freeze. He looked a little afraid.

Merick sighed then tilted his head up. The room suddenly dimmed. I spun around, searching for where the light went. I looked at Merick.

He stared at me then blinked, making all the light leave the room.

"Merick is extremely special. His element is Darkness. This is very rare. Only two other students in this school are like him," said the Headmaster, sounding proud.

I gazed at Merick, who lowered his head.The light came back to the room.

"Then.... what's my element?" I asked, dazed.

"We're going to find that out tomorrow. For now, you must be very tired. Merick and Riley will take you to your room. Try to get some sleep, you have a big day tomorrow," smiled the Headmaster.

Riley and Merick bowed to him and lead me out of the room. I turned my head to get my last look at him. The Headmaster grinned at me like I was a prized statue.

I turned my head back swiftly and my mind stared to churn. What kind of look was that?!

We went down the hallway again and turned right. Passing many doors on both sides, I could tell we were on a main hallway.We turned right again and went up a small winding stair case.

"This is the girl's rooms. The boy's rooms are on the other side of the building," winked Riley. I sighed with irritation.

We turned right once more onto a smaller hallway of rooms. At the end of the hall, they stopped at a room on the right side.

Merick fished out a key from his sweatshirt and handed it to me.

"This is it. Relax and get settled. You'll find your uniform in the closet. We'll be back here at ten tomorrow morning. Be ready for some training." said Merick.

I stared at the key and nodded. The boys turned to leave.

"Oh, and one more thing," said Riley, turning his head to me. "Everyone here at Angel Academy shares a room with two other students." The boys turned down the hall and disappeared.

Oh great, I thought. I had to share a room at an unknown school with two strangers who could probably kill me with their elements. Lovely.

I sighed and unlocked my door. The room was pretty big, even for three people. There was one elegant window with dark red shades.

On the ground was a big, soft red carpet. The beds were twin sized and had dark blue covers and big, plump white pillows.

I looked around. Each bed had two end tables on each side with one of them holding a small golden lamp. There were three mahogany wardrobes. I opened the one closest to my bed.

I gasped happily. A very cute blue uniform was there. After going to public school all my life, this was going to be a big change. I closed the closet and layed down on the bed and started to think heavily.

I can't believe I can control an element. That's amazing! What element is it? Am I actually able to do what Riley and Merick did? And all of the kids here can do that. There must be hundreds of students here, the school is huge!

Hundreds of thoughts ran through my mind. I wonder what my roommates are like. What are my parents thinking right now?

My eyes started to slowly shut. I yawned. What time was it, anyways? Outside I started to hear many footsteps coming up the stairs. I can't wait till morning.....