Angel Academy (9)

~Emma's Point of View~

I walked into my room sullenly, not sure what I was supposed to do. Classes don't start until tomorrow. Trinity and Ava were gone, so I was alone.

I didn't exactly want to practice my Fire skills either. It would be a bad first impression if Ava and Trinity came back to see their dorm burnt down.

A thought came through me that I would never have thought of. It wasn't a good thought either.

Trinity and Ava were gone... I could do what ever I wanted.

My eyes somehow reached Ava's space. Next to it was her desk that was covered with millions of papers and some books. I slowly walked over to them.

Nothing interesting caught my eye, it all looked like unfinished homework. I looked at her bed. Instantly, something VERY interesting caught my eye this time.

Under her pillow, I could barely see a corner of a leather bound book showing. It looked like she was trying to hide it but had to hurry. Probably was late to class.

A huge urge ran through me. No, that would be wrong. It's probably her diary or journal. That would be terrible of me to do.... invasion of privacy!

But then I remembered how Ava made me feel like when I first met her. I felt like I was stupid and useless. She was mean to me for no reason.

Maybe I should do this.

Some unknown force took over my body and I started walking towards her mysterious book. I can't believe I was going to go through with this.

I layed down awkwardly on her bed and flipped to the first page. It was blank and just had her name at the top. "This journal belongs to Ava Atkinson."

I slowly turned the page.

~Dear Diary,

I'm so excited! I'll be a freshman this year at Angel Academy! I love it there, it's my favorite place in the world! Here at home, it's hell, even if it is Summer! I miss Trinity terribly, she's my best friend! But I also get to see Merick.... He actually talked to me once in the courtyard last year! I really hope I could become at least friends with him this year! I really like him, even though he may be a bit older! His friend Riley seems cool too! I think Trinity likes him. I heard they got a new roommate named River. They all seem to be getting along really well. I wish I had friends like that! All I have is Trinity! OK, I have to go pack! I'm so happy to be going back!

Love, Ava

I started choking a little so I put the diary back under the pillow. This was Ava?!?! She seemed so happy and nice in this! What happened?! This entry was only from earlier this year, did she seriously change that much?! I never knew she liked Merick... it seems like she doesn't like anyone actually.

Her and Trinity were best friends?! They seem like complete opposites! They always disagree and argue! And does Trinity really like Riley? Riley is loud and obnoxious while Trinity is sweet and quiet! This is all so insane!

I suddenly heard footsteps and a lot of girl's voices and giggles coming down the hall. Was it lunch time already?

The door swung open to reveal Ava and Trinity. My heart stopped and my eyes widened in fear. Stay calm, act cool, I mentally thought to myself.

Ava looked mad as usual as she stomped towards her desk. She dumped the books she was carrying on it and left quickly for lunch.

Trinity had neatly stacked them on her desk, which was perfectly clean. She bounced up to me cheerfully.

"Hey Emma! How was your day today? You're soo lucky you didn't have to go to class!" she smiled. Her smile was contagious so I grinned back.

"It was good! I found out that I control Fire," I said, proud. I felt like I fit in a little better around here, knowing what my element was, even though I wasn't very good.

"Oh, wow! That's very cool! Care to join me for lunch?" she graciously offered and let out her arm. I nodded happily and linked my arm with hers.

I instantly forgot about Ava's diary and thought about what lunch was going to be like.

Thank goodness I have Trinity, I thought, as we swerved around crowds of people and went down tons of hall ways. I decided that one thing I liked about this school was that it had big windows everywhere, so lot's of light shined in and made it seem like an even more happy place. It was really populated too!

A huge door was kept open to the Dining Hall. We joined so many crowds of kids entering. I looked around. They were of all ages.

Inside was circular fancy wooden tables that fit around ten people each. Trinity led me straight through to the food area. Two lines of people were at each sides of the room. It looked just like my normal school, only much fancier.

"But, I don't have any money," I said quietly, my hands searching my pockets. Trinity chuckled at me like I was some cute little kid.

"You're parents already set you up and funded you. You can have anything you see," she explained. I gaped.

I was amazed at all the choices. So much food! Pastries, pasta, salads, all types of bread, fruit, milk and juice. Everything you can think of was here!

I didn't pick out a lot because I didn't want to seem out of place. I got exactly what Trinity got. A salad, juice, and some pasta with bread.

I scanned the wide room. In the center of the room, I suddenly saw a tall blonde figure jump up.

"Emma!" screamed Riley, waving his arms around frantically and jumping up and down. A lot of people turned to stare at him. I wanted to crawl into a hole. Why do all the grades eat with each other?!

Next to him, I saw Merick and then River. They turned their bodies towards me, grinned, and waved me over. Trinity gave me a "are you sure?" look.

I smiled and started walking towards the boys. She followed awkwardly behind me. Why was she being so shy? Doesn't she sit with them? I guess not.

I saw Riley patting the seat next to him and I shook my head with a grin. The boys laughed at his failed attempt while he frowned sadly.

Sitting next to River with Trinity at my right brought along an awkward silence. The insides of me squirmed.

"Sooo, did you love our amazing teaching skills outside today?" asked Riley pompously.

"Yeah" I chuckled. I looked at Merick. He was grinning at me. I blushed slightly. The boys started to chat about how "boring" and "lame" their classes were. I listened eagerly, hoping to learn something about the classes and teachers I was going to experience. Trinity was still feeling awkward but she was smiling and laughing along with us. I was glad she was enjoying herself. She also seemed to look down when laughing whenever Riley told a joke.

Then River started to do these amazing teacher impersonations. I still laughed even though I didn't know any of the people who they were making fun of. The others were howling from laughter and were banging the table. Riley was even spurting out his milk.

River even stood up and walked like the teachers. Other tables were now laughing and pointing as they watched him.

My spirits kept rising at every laughing moment we all had. My fears of tomorrows classes were slowly disappearing.