Angel Academy (8)

~Emma's Point of View~

After slipping on jeans and a plain light weight hoodie, I was already ready. Trinity smiled and waved bye to me as I opened the door to leave. I saw Riley pacing outside. He looked a little upset.

Merick motioned for me to follow him. The four of us quietly made it out of the girls dorms. It felt like we were going through a maze. So many turns down halls and so many rooms. I felt like a fifth grader at a college.

We went down the familiar winding staircase and went through the main outer doors. It was bright Spring day outside.

Turning right, we went off the white path and stopped in the middle of the field. Ahead of us was a deep forest. All the trees had cream colored bark and low branches.

The boys sat down Indian style and I mimicked them.

"We're going to figure out what element you have today. Just follow what ever I say and try not to freak out," instructed Merick. I nodded.

"Alright. Now close your eyes," he started. I did what was told.

"Imagine a silver string in front of you. Everything else is dark. Every time you breathe in with your nose, the string lifts up. When you exhale through your mouth, the string lowers. Keep breathing slowly," Merick said.

I felt a little awkward at first but after a few minutes, I was calm and zoned out.

"Good, now focus on your right hand. Keep your eyes closed." Another minute passed by.

"Lift your right hand slowly and breathe in the biggest breath you can. Now let it out and focus outwards on your hand."

The air around me started to change. I felt uneasy now.

"Open your eyes," grinned River.

I now knew that the change in the air was the temperature. It was rising. I stared at my hand.

A few inches above the center of my palm, a small flame was ignite.

I gasped and shock ran through me. The flame disappeared. I started to sweat.

"You're Fire! That's awesome!" exclaimed Riley. River nodded in approval.

"Fire is a powerful element. Hard to control, but very cool," grinned Merick.

I smiled and a warm feeling traveled through me. They liked my element. I was almost just like them.

"So, Riley is water. Merick is darkness. I'm fire. What are you, River?" I asked, cheerfully.

Suddenly I let out a yelp and fell backwards. The earth under me had erupted. The boys were now laughing. I blushed, embarrassed.

"Does that answer your question?" teased River. He smiled at me innocently.

"You meanie," I laughed.

"Now you have to get him back," challenged Merick with a dangerous glint in his eyes. I started to get nervous.

"Try doing it with your eyes open," added Riley.

I focused sharply on my hand. Breathing in, I let it all out. The flame came back but now it was a little bigger.

"Try moving it," said River. My eyes went near where he was sitting. It was really hard for me to move it. A bead of sweat came down the side of my head.

It slowly floated over to him. Riley leaned over and blew it out. They all laughed at me again. I furrowed my eyebrows, mad that they ruined it.

I frowned and looked down. They stopped laughing and looked at me.