First Day

You walked into the Talon headquarters and was greeted by the receptionist.

"Hello," you said cheerfully, "My name is Y/n, I'm here to start my job. I'm, uh...Well I'm basically a paid intern." The receptionist stared at you sceptically before making a call.

"Well, it seems what you have said is indeed verifiable. If you go down the hall to the right, that's where the less important employees live, you'll find your living quarters and a to do list complete with instructions," the receptionist said in a condescending manner.

"Thank you," you said and walked off.

Well, at least it's a job...

You opened the door to your dorm and was greeted with a plain room with white walls and a desk and a bed.  No chair....or pillow....or bed sheets.

"At least there's a bathroom!" You said before realizing there was no bathroom.

"Actually, employees like us use a communal bathroom. Much like how colleges and universities have," said a voice from outside. You jumped.

"Sorry, my name's Mikey. I'm one of the janitors here."

"Oh...I'm Y/n, and did you say one of the janitors?"

"It's a big complex as you'll come to find out," he paused for a bit, "anyway, I've got to get back to work. Pleasure, meeting you, Y/n."

You waved. You turned around and on the desk was your to do list.

Instructions:
All these things are to be completed within the day, i.e. before 8pm of that day.
You will be paid via direct deposit to your bank account on every Friday after it has been verified that you have completed each task whilst meeting the standards of Talon.
Finally, once you've completed each day's task set, you are finished for the day. Please turn in your to do list to the receptionist for it to be put on record as completed.

"Simple enough," you said.

On the front of the list were three things that needed to be done for the day.

I. Restock the office on the west wing.
II. Go to the store and buy the following:
Bread
Milk
Crackers
Ginger Ale
Frozen cheese pizza
Oreos
Once those are bought, present them to the front desk to be taken where they need to go. You will be responsible for payment of these items.
III. Clean the bathrooms in the south wing. Just womens.

These things shouldn't take me long at all, you thought....thought being the operative word here.

"The store wasn't to far away, I could walk there!"

30 minutes later

"The store is far away. Never walking there again," you said while you entered back into HQ and handed the supplies to the from desk.

"Let's see what time it is....7:30?!" You had 30 minutes to complete your task.

Well, at least you only had one left. You ran off the the bathroom to get cleaning. Naturally, the ran the opposite side of where you're supposed to go and wasted 15 minutes.

"Mikey was right, this is a big complex," you said aloud.

Finally, you found the correct restroom and finished cleaning and turned in your list with one minute to spare.

At this moment, back at your dorm, you didn't care that you didn't have a pillow or sheets, you were so tired that you just fell asleep on the mattress.