Chapter Ten: Nightmares

Start from the beginning

"Night Gee, Sweet dreams" He said and skipped off into his room shutting the door.

Standing in the hall alone I opened Toxic's door again just looking in. Her face wasn't relaxed in the peace sleep normally brought, she looked stressed, sad even. Not the giggling girl she had been only an hour before.

~Sophie~

I walked holding hands with Rash and Dodger. My little killjoy crew. Rash Decisions and Dodger Lightning. "Hey Toxic, how long till the vending?" Rash asked, her words slurred from the sober that she had taken only a few minutes ago. I giggled.

"You sound funny rash" Lighting pulls us on, the walk was nearly two miles but Kay had dropped off a bag of sober shots into a vending machine just for me. So my little group had to make the walk.

"How much longer" Rash complained again. I rolled my eyes dropping their hands.

"Race guys! Follow me!" I shouted and ran, My ear length white hair feeling fluffy in the wind. Dodger caught up to me running at my heel. Her dark purple hair getting caught and tangled into the goggles she always wore on her forehead.

"Wait up!" Rash yelled nearly tripping. Dodger ran back to her grabbing her hand and pulling her to me.

"Almost there you two" I said and pushed myself to run faster. I hated running in the desert, it was hot, I was wearing leather and I could easily be spotted by a group of Dracs. Today though I didn't care, I was less then a block from high concentrated sober. Enough to where I wouldn't want to move from where I was for a good two or three hours.

As my group ran we saw a small BLI vending machine, it was shinning and new, a clear sign something was wrong with it. I knew this was where Korse said my sober was though.

"Guys here!" I yelled. Rash finally caught up, panting Dodger leaned on Rash trying to catch her breath. I smiled, I was winded but couldn't care less. Sober was only a step away.

I pulled out my BL/ind ID card and slid it into the machine, and without a button being pressed a backpack fell from the vending machine with a loud thud.

"is that it?" Rash asked, god did she ask to many questions.

I opened the back pack seeing five new shinning needles and about ten half liter bags of a thick silver liquid. Sober. I smiled.

"Yes it is" I said and threw the back pack over my shoulder. "Now lets walk home and we can-" I was cut off by an irritated Dodger.

"Hell no! I ain't waiting till we get back to base for this, You said the shot is better then the pill now you have the shot in your hand you're not gonna let us have it now?" Her voice was snappy, she had a point though. We had waited a long time... and it would be an hour before we were back at base. But some Dracs could come by while were glazed. I'll take the chance.

"Fine, come here guys" I said and threw the back pack on the ground. taking out a needle and one bag of Sober. "Whose first?" Dodger was the first one to reach me, a eager, kid on Christmas, grin on her face. I rolled up the sleeve of her jacket, the poked the needle into the bag, pulling the plunger of the needle back half an inch I pulled the needle out of the bag.

"That's it? come on Toxic don't be selfish." Dodger barked her head twisted to watch me. I smirked at her.

"this is all you need" I said and jabbed the needle into the vein in her arm. she squeaked in surprise. I pushed the plunger down, the second the Sober was in her blood stream her green eyes rolled into the back of her head and she let out a soft moan. I snickered yanking the needle from her arm rushing over to rash.