Everest pushed the hand away. "Fuck you," he hissed at Jace with anger filled expression. 

"What was that?" Jace suddenly said, his mood changing to curiosity. Everest watched him as he looked around. 

"Nice try, Jace. You're not getting out of this conversation that easily," Clary spoke. 

 "Look out," Magnus shouted. Everest looked at him to see if he was okay before a hand gripped his wrist and pulled him with much strength their way. Everest almost fell but regained his footing as he looked at Jace in surprise. He turned his head to see if Clary was okay before a green fire like barrier caught his eyes. 

"Ragnor put up wards to protect his lair," Magnus explained. Everest pulled away from Jace walking up to Magnus, Clary doing the same. 

"Why is the fire green," Clary asked as she stared at it.

"It's a wall of fire that only the pure of heart and intention can pass through," Magnus explained. "Are you ready?" 

Once they stepped through, Everest found himself without Jace and Magnus but with Clary next to him. Everest turned to see if they could spot them. "Jace," Clary shouted. "Magnus." But nothing.

Everest looked around as well but when a house came into view, he grabbed Clary who turned towards him. He points at the house that stood a few meters from them. "Ragnor Fell," he mumbled. 

"Ragnor?" Clary called out as she pushed the already opened door wider. Everest followed her inside. 

When they had noticed that the house was silent, both took out their blade. "Be careful," Everest whispered to her as she moved forward. 

"Hello," she called out again.  "Is anybody home? We need your help." 

Everest walked towards the painting on the wall, staring at it for a good second before moving on. Clary stopped to stare at it but soon followed after Everest. She turned back around when she heard something making Everest look back at her. "What's wrong," he asked. 

Clary shook her head before turning back around. She took one step forward before swiftly turning back around followed by Everest. "You heard that?" She asked. He nodded walking back to the painting.  Everest noticed that the painting had somehow moved. 

"His eyes, Clary," Everest mumbled. 

"Nice try, Ragnor," Clary mumbled before reaching into the painting pulling what seems to be Ragnor, out of it. Everest moved back as the Warlock dropped to the floor. 

The Warlock got up, dusting himself off. "Well done... Clary Fairchild," he said.  He turned towards Ever est. "Everest Fairchild, welcome." 

"I've been expecting you two. You have Jocelyn's talent, I see," Ragnor said walking forward. "Only a true artist would notice the subtle changes in the eyes."  Ragnor looked forward. "Yes, I know I need to work on not moving my eyes, you don't have to remind me." Everest looked at him as if he was crazy. 

"You knew our mother," Everest asked wanting to get right to the point. "You made the potion that put her to sleep?" 

"At her request, yes," Ragnor responded. "And I knew it was only a matter of time before you came to me looking for the antidote."