Chapter 17 - Boys Part 1

Start from the beginning

She walked up to the boy, and she stopped abruptly right in front of him. He then looked up at her and gave an awkward smile.

"Shiro, you've hardly played anything, and now you're standing here by yourself." (Y/N) said with concern in her voice.

Shiro looked a tad surprised, "Oh, n-no, it's f-fine. Games aren't r-really my thing anyway." He stuttered along, looking down at the colorfully carpeted floor.

"Nah, I'm sure we can find something to play." (Y/N) encouraged Shiro with a smile, "What about those claw games?" She suggested and pointed to the nearest one.

"I-I guess it wouldn't hurt to try," Shiro replied quietly and walked slowly towards the machine warily.

Shiro began attempting to grab one of the stuffed animals, particularly a white rabbit with brown spots. After a couple of tries, he already had gotten some prizes, but he still attempted to get the rabbit.

He eventually ran out of change to put in, and when (Y/N) noticed the disheartened look on his face, she pulled out a handful of quarters and extended her hand towards him.

"Here, try it a couple more times, it looked like you were having fun." She said brightly with the handful of quarters still sitting in her opened hand.

"I-I can't take your m-money, that would be ru-" He began talking, but was quickly cut off by the girl.

"Just take it." (Y/N) responded as she took his hand and dropped the coins into it.

Shiro just silently turned back to the machine and placed the quarters inside. He moved the stick around until it was finally over the rabbit and pushed the button for the claw to drop. The claw picked up the rabbit and dropped it into the box, where it then came down to the bottom of the machine with a light thud.

Shiro picked up the rabbit with a pleased look in his eyes. He turned towards (Y/N) and gave her a smile, which was not at all suspected on her part.

"I think I'm good now. I'm pretty sure everyone else is almost done as well." Shiro said with a bit more confidence in his voice than usual, and (Y/N) just nodded, slightly confused by his behavior.

As they walked over, with Shiro carrying all of his prizes, everyone seemed to perk up at their presence.

"Are you guys ready to go now? We've been waiting for a bit." Ryu asked the duo with an only somewhat pestered look on his face.

"Yeah." (Y/N) answered and Shiro nodded.

"Woah! You got a ton of stuff from the claw machine!" Haruki said with a look of awe adorning his face.

"I didn't know you were into any games like that, Shiro," Reiji commented, his features vaguely shadowed with surprise.

"Oh, yeah, I got enough for everyone to have one," Shiro said as he gave one to everyone.
Ryu got a tiger, Haruki a dog, Reiji an eagle, Yukio a dolphin, and Takeo a cat. (Y/N) was surprised to see how much each animal seemed to represent each person, but she also wondered why she had not received anything. She thought for a second that Shiro simply had no clue what her personality was like, or maybe he just didn't have one for her.

(Y/N) turned her head towards him, and she was met with a particular white rabbit in front of her face.

"Here." He said with a light blush on his face.

(Y/N) took it cautiously and looked up at him with uncertainty in her eyes.

"Are you sure, then you won't have anything." (Y/N) said with a bit of guilt in her voice.

"No i-it's fine. You technically paid for it anyway." Shiro responded as he looked down at the floor once again.

"Okay, if you're sure."

After that, they all got stuff with the tickets they, mostly Haruki, had gotten. They walked out with everyone carrying several items, and when (Y/N) was surprised to see that they hadn't even been there for more than an hour and a half.

Yukio and Haruki immediately scanned the area, seeing if there was anything else that they could do.

"What if we go to the movies, there's a theater right across the street!" Haruki exclaimed in complete joy.

"And then we can go get some food at that Italian restaurant over there!" Yukio added with just as much enthusiasm as Haruki.

Everyone agreed, except for (Y/N) who is not expected that they would be spending so much money.

"Are you guys sure, I don't know if I can pay for all of that?" She commented, and she started to feel a tad uncomfortable once again.

"Nah, it's fine. Our treat." Yukio responded as he pushed the unwilling girl towards the theatre across the street.