"Yuri?" Takeshi's voice is on the other side.

"Takeshi! I need to talk with Yuuko! It's important." I blurt out with a worried tone.

I hear shuffling then Yuuko yawning "Do you know how early in the morning it is? What do you want?"

"Yuuko! Victor is coming over for dinner!" I say in a fast manner.

"Isn't that a good thing?" She giggles.

"BUT I CANT COOK AND I DONT HAVE A PRESENT TO GIVE HIM!" I shout loudly.

"Calm down." I hear her sigh "I'll give you a recipe and a list of ingredients. Don't worry your pretty little head about anything."

"Thanks Yuuko you're a life saver..." I sigh getting up and running to put my pants on over my boxers.

"Yuuko~!" Takeshi yawns in the background "Hang up the phone already! Pay attention to me!"

"No way..." I put my hand over my mouth to keep from laughing "Did I interrupt a boning session..?"

"YURI!!!" Yuuko shouts loudly into the phone causing me to pull it away from my ear "I'll text you everything so leave me alone!!!" She quickly hangs up with a two soft clicks following after.

Sliding on an apron I tie it around my slim waist and roll up my sleeves. Placing a huge hot pot with water on the stove it creates a loud clanging noise which fills my ears 'I wonder if I should make Hotpot as well? As the main dish so I can dump in the noodles as well. Anyone can make hotpot...' Bending over I open a cabinet to grab two different cutting boards, one for meat, one for vegetables.

"How bad can cooking be..." Pulling open the fridge's door handle I am greeted by cold air.

FLASHBACK

"Yuri it's not very hard..." My mother smiles warmly as she stirs the pot full of hot water "Chop up some veggies and season the meat!"

As a smol child I push a bucket over to the counter and climb on top to see all the supplies "I wanna help!" I cry out in my smol voice.

"Wanna help mommy?" She walks behind me and grabs my small hands in hers.

Grabbing a bright red tomato she put my hand over it paw like "We don't want any little fingers in our meal now do we~!" She giggles.

"Don't say that!" I grab the safety knife to prove her wrong " I'm all grown up like Mari!"

Wobbling and shaking I proceed to cut my first thick slice of tomato. Proud of myself I hold up the slimly mess to show to her when I turn around to see my father. Standing at the doorway with his hand crossed in front of his chest, his gaze, enough to send shivers down anyone's spine. Quickly my mother grabs me and puts me down from the bucket and onto the hard tile floor.

"Men don't work in the kitchen..." He gazes at my mother "Yuri why don't you go play with Yuuko down the street..."

"Okay daddy..." sadly I leave my mother there with this horrible man and run out the front door.

END OF FLASHBACK

"It's my fault..." suddenly a shock of pain rushes through me from my finger "OWW!!!" I shout in pain.