Aunt Brenda

The next morning, me, Mom, and Joey left the house to see my Aunt Brenda. She lives an hour and a half away but we were going to meet her at the Chinese place. 

It was a long boring drive but we managed to make it. We walked into the Chinese restaurant and saw Aunt Brenda sitting at a table close to the entrance.

"Hi, Sandy!"

Aunt Brenda gave me a hug.

Mom introduced her to Joey.

Soon, we had were eating the food we got from the buffet tables. Before I sat down wanting to eat, Mom made me and Joey go wash our hands. Mom's a bit of a germaphobe. When we sat back down and started eating, Mom and Aunt Brenda started talking about adult stuff and Aunt Brenda being an insanely talkative old lady. Aunt Brenda ain't very old, she's in her mid sixties, she doesn't look her age anyways. Mom doesn't look old either even though she's fifty. She smoked for twenty plus years, she quit when I was in elementary school. Aunt Brenda interrupted my thoughts.

"Sandy, what are you majoring in?"

"Nursing."

"You know, you're gonna have to study hard, right?"

"Hmm hmm," I nodded.

"What about you, Joey?"

"Automotive Technology," Joey replied.

I was kinda shocked to know that Joey had his life figured out, I expected him to either be undecided or not going to college at all!

"You like cars?"

"Yep. My Grandma taught me everything there is to know. She maybe eighty but she sure can fix a car."

I grinned. He continued to talk.

"I remember telling her I wanted to major in that field and she said 'Why won't you let me teach you? Huh? Bianchi's College of Knowledge!"

Joey did a flawless impression of Grandma Bianchi.

Aunt Brenda laughed.

"Bianchi's College of Knowledge!"

Soon, Mom and Aunt Brenda both left to get more food from the buffet. Me and Joey were awkwardly sitting by each other. I was still scared of him.