....And very other thing happened in a flash. All I could hear were mum's screams, tears and pleading. Aunty Tee had pounced on Aunty Mma, grabbing her hair and shoving her to the floor. Aunty Mma retaliated, tossing her off her body and running after her like a raging tiger. Mum wedged in the gap, crying and pleading with both of them to stop. Zara was screaming as well with I, watching in horror as the fight progressed.

Within seconds, the sitting room became something else; with the flower vase broken from the brawl. Aunty Mma had bruises on her elbow while aunty Tee was bleeding from her nose. Just as we hoped the fight had calmed down, aunty Tee suddenly landed Aunty Mma a resounding slap. Aunty Mma screamed from the pain, rushing to her and tossing mum off her way. She grabbed aunt Tee, pushing her roughly to the wall and hitting her head against it. Aunty Tee grabbed aunty mma's clothes and shredded them into pieces, revealing her red braziers. Aunty Mma went wild and pounced on her, slapping, pulling, pushing and screaming all at once.

Mum kept screaming helplessly, with stray tears escaping my eyes as I watched the brawl turn into a wrestling match. Zara ran to mum, cuddling her strongly in tears. With the overwhelming tension present, mum grabbed her phone and dialed dad's number. When he picked, mum began screaming into the phone, begging him to come home.

Mum was crying, begging them both to stop. I joined in her pleading but it was as though aunt Mma hasn't had enough, she kept punching Aunty Tee while we watched in horror. At a point, mum couldn't hold it anymore so she delved in between them, making aunt Mma to incidentally hit her on the face.

That was her reality check.

Aunt Mma froze, her jaw drooling as tiny streaks of blood escaped mum's lips. Shocked, she began pleading with mum to forgive her.

Mum was so bitter about the incident though I'm certain she understood her best friend wouldn't hit her on purpose. Quietly she walked over to aunt Tee who was still sprawled on the floor, gently holding her hand to help her up. In anger, aunty Tee forcefully shook her hands off her, landing mum a dirty slap. Mum bowed in pain but still kept mute. Aunty Mma couldn't have it so she leapt forward to retaliate but mum was fast enough to withhold her.

Aunty Tee angrily sprang up from the floor, walking into her room while cursing under her breath. Mum left aunty Mma behind, walking into her room too. She came out minutes later with a shirt, handing it over to her friend to change her torn cloth. Aunty Mma quietly took the shirt, staring into mum's sad eyes while slowly changing up. She knew mum was so angry with her for fighting her sister inlaw but she didn't care that much. She was pushed to the wall and can't stand an overgrown baby acting like she rules the world.

"Nekky, I know you wouldn't want me around here for a long while after today, but that's no problem. You can decide to accept any insult just to keep your home but I am not you, therefore your sister inlaw should know never to cross boundaries with me." Aunt Mma said sadly, picking up the torn pieces off the floor. "I have no home to protect so I am afraid of nothing. The only thing I value so much is my friendship with you. We have come a long way Nekky, and you know that" Aunt Mma exhaled, taking short steps towards my mum who was now leaning on the wall, her hands folded over her shoulder. "I know that if you were asked to choose between me and your marriage, I'm very sure you would choose your marriage but that's okay, and I won't ever judge you. But know this, I'm always your best friend and if you ever need me anytime, just shout and I will be there" Aunty Mma said stuffing the torn clothes into her bag.

Mum was still silent, head bowed and sobbing heartbreakingly. Aunty came to where I was and held my hands.

"Take care of your mummy and Zara, always stand up for her and never let anyone hurt her okay?" She said. I nodded calmly. She kissed Zara on her forehead, pecked me and went over to mum, rubbed her shoulders and then left.

I was sure aunty must have met dad on the staircase because it wasn't up to a minute she left that dad came home. He dashed into the house like a lion and walked straight to where mum was seated with me and Zara.

"What happened?" He asked looking around the disorganized home, unbelieving the amount of destruction the brawl had caused. He was obviously fuming with anger. I guess aunty Tee heard his voice as she came running out with her bruised body and bleeding nose.

"Jesus Christ!" Dad exclaimed on seeing her, he turned and gave mum a disapproving look, turning to his sister again.

"She brought her friend over and they both joined forces and fought me!" Aunt Tee lied. I didn't know when I screamed as I only realized myself when mum's palms covered my parted lips. Mum could only smile sheepishly, shaking her head.

"Is this true?" Dad asked, facing mum.

"What do you think Emy? Do you believe even in your dream that I'd do that which she accuse me of?" Mum asked innocently. From the look on dad's face, I was sure he didn't believe the story. He pleaded with aunty Tee to sit down so we all can discuss the issue as a family.

She reluctantly agreed, settling on the couch by the window. Dad sat down too, before inquiring from her what had happened. She began her tales by moonlight, accusing aunt Mma of raising her hands on her first which made her to retaliate, she also accused mum of plotting the whole event and even lied that mum had keyed into the opportunity to beat her.

She never mentioned that mum had wedged between them both during the fight which had led aunty Mma to mistakenly slap her. She also never mentioned that she slapped mum while she was trying to help her up. She told many lies against mum that at a point I had to start talking. I needed to protect mum from her witchcraft so I had to tell dad exactly what happened.

In the presence of my beloved dad, aunty accused me of being a spy who is always speaking in favor of strangers including my mum. From her words, my mum was a stranger in the home. Dad found that very disrespectful and cautioned her mildly. Amidst all of these mum never spoke a word against her, instead apologized and promised making it up to her.

It was very disheartening hearing my mum say those words, even though I knew it was so difficult for her to voice them. Dad thanked her and stood up to leave, he then specifically asked mum never to invite nor allow aunty Mma into our house again. Aunty Tee was elated as she screamed in support. Mum had no option than to agree to their terms.

"No matter what, she has no right to fight my sister in my own house! What insolence?" Dad screamed at no one in particular, pushing the door open and storming out of the house.

Aunty sat up in victory, and in a bragging tone reminded mum that she would never win this fight. Shoulder high, she left us smiling.
*****

Hello people

Long time right?

How y'all? Sorry it took a while to update...

I promise to update daily this week at least, just to make up for your time I wasted..

Remember to vote, spam my comment section and recommend to friends. You know I love reading your thoughts...

And for YToaNH, I'll post an  epilogue this week hopefully... I'll try as much as possible to answer all your questions. And if you get mentioned by me, just know it that I tagged you cos you asked the very question I answered.

See you all tomorrow..

PS: This dedication wouldn't be perfect without you @UmmiAbdull. You were a great support system to me while writing Yellow Tales of a Nigerian Housemaid, and i must confess that i truly appreciate you. Hoping you'll do same in Stronger than pain...