Chapter 38: All in Delivery

Hermione woke early Monday morning, awkwardly pinned between two warm bodies. She stared up at the ceiling as she considered her position. She was on her back with both arms bent so that each hand lay on either side of her head. Draco's body was curled against her with his head resting on her shoulder while Aurelian curled against her other side, the top of his head nuzzled into her underarm. The arrangement made her feel quite claustrophobic and uncomfortably stiff, but she simply didn't have the heart to push either of them away.

It was incredible for her to think that, only a month before, she was perfectly content going to bed alone and living a relatively solitary lifestyle. But, even despite all the tragedy that had already come upon them, Hermione could not bring herself to wish that things had continued as they were before. She loved her boys and she could only hope for a good and swift end to the secret war they were fighting.

Lost in her thoughts, it took Hermione a few seconds to realize that she had unconsciously been running her fingertips through Draco's silky white-blond hair. With curiosity she looked down at Aurelian and ran her fingers through his hair once. She was once again astounded by what a perfect cross he was between Draco and herself. His light brown hair was quite thin, wispy and wavy. The apples of his cheeks were round like hers, while his chin was more pointed like Draco's. Aurelian most definitely had Draco's grey eyes, but his nose, the way it turned up ever so slightly at the tip, that trait came from her.

Draco hummed softly and Hermione turned her eyes on him once again. Realizing, again, that she was still stroking his hair, she stopped immediately so not to wake him.

"Mmm. Don't stop," he murmured sleepily with a small peaceful smile upon his face. Hermione smiled in return and stroked his hair again, twirling it in her fingers as she got to the tips. Draco's smile grew, he nuzzled against her and snaked an arm around her middle. He jerked his hand back in surprise when it came in contact with another person. Draco lifted his head and looked over at Aurelian. He had forgotten that their son had asked to sleep with them before bed.

"You know," Draco whispered, laying his head back down and resting his hand on her stomach, "I've never really been very good at sharing."

"You know, for some reason, that doesn't surprise me," she chortled quietly. "But, I'm afraid you're going to have to learn. He is my son, after all."

"Mine, too, and I don't mind sharing your affections with him. It's in bed that I want you all for myself," he said, placing a delicate kiss on her neck.

"And just what is it you want to do with me when you have me alone in bed?" she smiled wickedly.

"I didn't mean it like that," Draco frowned. He did not like being misunderstood.

"I know you didn't… but I did," she declared smugly.

"You want me to tell you what I'd do with you?" Draco smirked. His hand moved from her stomach to her hip and he nuzzled his nose against the side of her breast.

"Maybe now's not the time," she said, blushing deeply. "I get the idea that you're no longer opposed to…" Hermione swallowed hard. Just the way he moved his hand over her hip set her body on fire.

"Opposed? Merlin, I was never opposed," Draco told her vehemently, nearly forgetting to whisper. "I only didn't want to rush things."

"And, now?"

"And, now I think it's time we find somewhere else for Aurelian to sleep… and soon." Draco leaned forward again and placed a hot, breathy kiss upon her neck.

"I… I think it's best if we leave the bed now," Hermione said, trembling slightly from the overwhelming desires he was igniting. "Aurelian was up late. I don't want him to wake yet."