Chapter 35: Farewell,Home Sweet Home

Start from the beginning

"Pack? You want us to leave?" Mr. Creevey asked in surprise.

"These are very dangerous people, Mr. Creevey," Harry answered.

"Yes, but can't you use some sort of magic to keep them away?" he persisted.

"There are wards we can use, but wards can be broken. It's not safe to keep you here. These people are serious; if they find you, they will kill you," Harry said darkly. Mrs. Creevey's teacup slipped through her fingers and broke upon the floor. Hermione repaired the cup and Ron cleaned the mess without a word.

"Where will you send us?" Mrs. Creevey worried. "We can't go to the magical world. And what about work?"

"I'm sorry, but we really don't have the time to discuss things here. I've talked to a woman I know and she's agreed to have you," Harry replied.

"None of you are allergic to cats, are you?" Ron asked. At Ginny's irritable glare, he muttered a quick, "Never mind."

"Please, go pack your things as quickly as you can and we'll explain more when we get there," said Harry. "Pack only what you need. Dennis, can you pack magically?"

"Erm, a l-little," Dennis stammered. "Not all that well."

"Arthur, would you mind helping him?" Harry asked. At Mr. Weasley's nod, Harry turned to Draco. "What about you, Malfoy? How are you with magical packing?"

"Skilled," he answered. "I'll go with his parents."

Harry nodded and the group disappeared from the room, Mr. Creevey's arm wrapped supportively around his wife's shoulders.

"I'll go put up wards," Hermione offered.

"Not without-"

"I'll go with her," Ron interrupted. Harry nodded again and Ginny stepped up beside him.

"What about me?" she asked.

"Keep an eye on the back door. I'll watch the front." As soon as everyone had left him, the world suddenly felt eerily silent and empty. He had a foreboding sense inside of him. The world was not the same since Hermione had been attacked only hours before. He anxiously checked his watch and looked up as Mr. Weasley reentered the room.

"He's all packed," Mr. Weasley declared, setting Dennis's trunk down near the front door.

"Harry, are they really-?"

"Stupefy!" Harry shouted suddenly.

"Protego!" 's shield charm burst forth just in time to protect Harry from a shot of orange light that had been directed straight towards his chest.

"Potter's here!" Rabastan proclaimed as he moved aside, his brother and sister-in-law following in the front door after him. His statement was quite unnecessary as Bellatrix and Rodolphus had already spotted him and were casting fierce spells in quick succession.

"Dad? Harry?" Ginny cried, bursting into the room.

"Go, Ginny!" Arthur commanded.

"Protego!" Harry shouted, blocking Ginny from harm. "Expelliarmus!"

"Harry!" Hermione's cried as she burst through the back door with Ron, two more death eaters filing in after them. "They're- Stupefy!"

"It's Granger! Get Granger!" Bellatrix ordered.

"Potter?" Draco yelled down the stairs.

"Leave!" Harry shouted above the rest. "Everybody leave!"

In the short time it took Harry to call out the order, a spell slipped past his guard. Mr. Weasley was just only able to cast the shield charm in time, but received a red shot to his chest by another.