Ch. 28 End: August Wedding; & Ch. 29 Epilogue

"Somerset: A Time to Love", Ch. 28 End: August Wedding, & Ch. 29: Epilogue, December 31, 2017 Gratiana Lovelace (Post #1132 & on Wattpad)

("Somerset: A Time to Love" is an original contemporary romance copyrighted by Gratiana Lovelace, 2017;   All rights reserved) [(1) story cover, left]

Author's Dramatic Content Note: I writeromantic love stories for adults, aged 18 and older. So most of the chapters will be PG-13 due tomature themes (M), or dramatic moments (D). And some of the chapters haveromantic and sensual, but not explicit, love scenes that I will label as (L),and such. So if you are unable orunwilling to attend a movie with the ratings that I provide, then please do notread that chapter. This is my disclaimer. 

Additional Disclaimer: The Wiki and other reference links that I cite contain general information merely to allude to a place, person, concept/theory/belief, history, or artifact, etc. This story is a work of fiction, and people and their thoughts and actions are figments of my imagination and should not be taken as real or as fact. And though the general backgrounds of the characters and the story's contextual setting involve mentions of the Christian religion—with an Anglican/Episcopal focus—this story is a romance, not a religious tract.

[And from time to time, I will illustrate my story with my dream cast of: Richard Armitage as Prof. Benedict Somerset, Jennifer Ehle as Laura Leicester, Loretta Devine as Connie Velasquez, John Lithgow as Seminary President Maynard Casten, and Jane Alexander as his wife Portia Casten, Charles Dance as Benedict's father Edward Somerset, Helen Mirren as Benedict's Mother Elizabeth Somerset, Dawn French as Benedict's elder sister Lady Alexandra Somerset Solsbury, James Nesbit as Benedict's elder brother Edmund Somerset, Chris Pine as Laura's younger brother Steve Leicester, Max Charles as 5 yr old Caleb Somerset, Samantha Colley as Lady Alexis Solsbury, and others as noted.]

Author's recap from the previous chapter: With the kidney transplant surgery from Laura to little Caleb a success and the Gilberts inheritance issue is resolved, things are full steam ahead for Benedict's and Laura's wedding in the Summer.

"Somerset: A Time to Love", Ch. 28 End: August Wedding

The next two months fly by for the Somerset, Solsbury, and Leicester families. Well, perhaps not so much for the patients: the 83 year old Duke Edward is doing grueling physical therapy learning to walk again with a prosthetic for short bursts, but with him mostly relying on his motorized wheelchair and he is supported and encouraged by his loving wife of 60 years Duchess Elizabeth; his grandson and son Edmund's son little five year old Caleb Somerset is improving as he was weaned off of dialysis a month ago and his donated kidney from his soon to be Aunt Laura seems to be working just fine, and so far, he has not needed the liver transplant but his health is monitored closely should his body reject the new kidney and/or need the partial liver transplant aferall, the doctors are cautiously optimistic; and Benedict Somerset's fiancé 40 year old Laura Leicester is also healing, a bit faster than the Duke or little Caleb  after donating one of her kidneys to him, her remaining kidney has managed to take over nicely.

But Laura still is grounded from flying until November and will not be able to fly home to the States. So she resigns herself to that. And with Benedict wanting to be with his aged parents for as much of their remaining years as he can, they decide to make England their semi-permanent home for the forseeable future. Lady Alexis had traveled to the States to help her Uncle Benedict and Steve Leicester sort through Laura's things. And it was Lady Alexis who sides with Laura on getting as much of her possessions packed up and moved to England as she did—via cell phones and skyping.