Chapter 3

*Four moons later*

"Time to get up, kits." Blossomfall nudged each of her kits. Juniperkit, Leopardkit, and Frostkit had grown in the last five moons. Juniperkit was the bigger of the two sisters, but she was noticeably smaller than Leopardkit. Her fur was extremely soft, but it stuck out in all directions like a pile of newly grown grass that had yet to straighten out.

Juniperkits' fur was still the reddish colour like her fathers, and her darker coloured stripes were harder to see than they were before, and the white around her eyes, muzzle, paws and chest were more pronounced. She groaned as Blossomfall nudged her. "Juniperkit, get up. You can go outside and play now."

Juniperkit opened one amber eye slowly and glanced up at Blossomfall. "I don't feel like playing..."

"Come on, Juniperkit. You're going to be apprenticed soon, so you may as well continue with practicing different skills." Blossomfall mewed in frustration. Juniperkit was such a carefree kitten; nothing bothered her. But at the mentioning of her being apprenticed soon, her ears had pricked up and her other eye shot open.

"Fine. Let me say good morning to the others first." Juniperkit sat up and stretched with a long drawn out yawn. Padding over to the back of nursery, she said hello to the newest kits of ThunderClan; Treekit and Creamkit.

Treekit was a light brown tabby just like his father, but had the piercing green eyes of his mother. Creamkit was a white and cream she-cat with the amber eyes of her father; both kits were now three moons old. "See ya later, kits. I'm going outside."

"I want to go outside!" Treekit mewed desperately, trying to scurry past Juniperkit. Creamkit was still fast asleep beside her mother, Whitewing.

"You'll be able to go outside soon." Whitewing picked her son up by the scruff on his neck and plopped him into the nest. Juniperkit mrrowed in amusement and headed outside. The Greenleaf sun beat down upon the ThunderClan camp; it was an unusually hot day, and many of the ThunderClan cats were staying in the camp for the day.

Juniperkit splayed herself out in the shade and scanned the camp for her siblings. Soon enough, she spotted Leopardkit and Frostkit playing about with a moss ball.

So much had changed in the past few moons. Sandstorm and Greystripe had retired to the Elders' den, but Dustpelt had been forced to join the Elders after a bad fall which twisted one of his back legs; Jayfeather said it would never heal properly and that it was time for him to join his fellow Elders.

Poppyfrost and Cinderheart had been expecting kits. Cinderheart unfortunately lost her kits before they were born, and Poppyfrosts' kit, Yewkit, died after his white-cough had turned into a serious case of green-cough.

Amberkit, Dewkit and Snowkit had all been apprenticed. Amberpaw was lucky enough to get Thornclaw as her mentor; he was renowned for being an impressive mentor. Dewpaw was originally apprenticed to Dustpelt, but due to his accident and moving to the Elders' den, Dewpaws' new mentor was Squirrelflight. And finally, Snowpaw had been apprenticed to Ivypool.

Juniperkit continued lazing about in the sun; she just wanted to sleep. She had no intentions of doing anything else today; it was way too hot! She let herself start to doze off...

>>>***<<<

Something tickled Juniperkits' nose and caused her to sneeze; her eyes opening wide. The scenery around her had changed; she wasn't in that rocky cliff area of her Clan camp. The ground beneath her had grass, and there was a large amount of trees, bushes and a stream not far from her. Birds chirped, mice squeaked; so much prey in one area!