Chapter one

• Dedicated to My Parents

Copyright © 2010 All Rights Reserved.

COPYRIGHT STATEMENT

All rights reserved. This story (Predestined Alliance) and my other stories, including chapters, prologues, epilogues and all associated content is copyrighted under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. All rights are reserved by the owner and creator of these works. Any unauthorised reproduction, transmission in any form or by any means, copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution or selling of these works constitutes as an infringement of copyright and is punishable by law.

Description: Franca has known Tyler since their childhood but trivial issues sprang them apart. Their parents want them to have an arranged marriage. They loathe each other and Tyler is in a relationship. A story in which romance and mistrust will play a pivotal role. Will their marriage work out? Read to find out....

Without further ado, here's the story. 

Enjoy! 

By Vanessa 

++++++++++++++++++++++

FRANCA arrived in Florida tired from her journey to Eritrea. The cool warm breeze and serene nature of the environment cooled her, and the hot sun provided her warmth. Her dark brown, mid back length hair flowed in the wind. Oh, it feels good to be home at last she said, sighing happily. She quickly dumped her pink luggage on the bed and hurriedly went downstairs to meet her parents. She was an only child and her parents catered to her every need.

''Franca, come here quickly honey!'' Victoria Brown, Franca's mum, exclaimed loudly, making Franca jump in fright. Victoria's tone sounded hoarse from the journey. Her shoulder length black hair was put in a bun. Her tired eyes showed her tiredness.

Franca's Dad in contrast, Mark Brown, was wearing an all black ensemble, black suit and shoes. His tie immaturely and neatly tucked into his shirt. His dark complexion shone lusciously in the sun flawlessly. He stood protectively over Victoria, his hands on her waist.

"I'm coming'' Franca replied, happily rushing towards her mom, eager to hear what she had to say. Franca was anxious to inform her friends of her arrival since she had spent two months in Eritrea. Her mum's call was the only thing stopping her from doing just that. Franca had phoned her friends whilst in Eritrea but it was not the same as seeing them face to face. Her volunteering meant she only spoke to them when she was free from her busy schedules.

Mark Brown was beside Victoria smiling and holding her hands. They still behaved like teenagers. She was glad that they were still very much in love, irrespective of the fact that they had been married for over twenty years.

Franca's parents met whilst in high school and never looked back ever since. They never bickered like some of her friend's parents although they sometimes had their moments. No one was perfect, but Franca's parents were close to it. They showed intimacy even when people were around. It made Franca uncomfortable but she would not trade them for the world. They were a close knit family.

Victoria glanced at Mark visibly shaken of what she was going to tell Franca. Intuitively judging by her father's flustered reaction and inability to look at her, Franca knew the news was going to be negative because her parents rarely acted this way. No matter how pessimistic the news they told her in the past was, they always wore a faint smile to put her at ease.

Franca knew she wouldn't like what her parents were about to say to her, she realized they were trying not to upset her. Franca instantly knew that the news was going to be life changing and this shocked her to her core. She enjoyed the constancy of her life, anything that disrupted this ideal, she was uncomfortable with. Nothing could have prepared Franca for the shock of her life.