Chapter 34:

When I left my house, in my hometown, I thought about it every day for over two months. When I first got here, it was just so hard to find a job, to gain friends. I found a job as a waitress in a small restaurant near my college. I live about fifteen minutes from school and I absolutely love it here.

 It's now January and I'm walking down the street to the little diner where they serve the most delicious hot chocolate in the world! "Elizabeth?" I hear someone call my name.

 I turn around and see Daniel, he's a guy in my year. He has sandy blond hair and brown eyes. He's a bit scrawny and he has a baby face. He's very sweet and he gets along with anyone. "Hey, Daniel. What are you doing out so late?" I ask.

 He smiles and explains, "Going to order some hot chocolate, have you had there's yet? It's scrumptious!"

 I laugh, "I have and it is just wonderful. Care to join?" I ask him.

 He smiles and opens the door for me, "Don't mind if I do."

As we sit to talk he asks, "Do you work tomorrow night?"

 I look at him and smile, "Unfortunately, why?"

 He smiles, "I know a guy who's having a party, you should come by after work."

 I smile, "I don't really do parties, sorry."

 "It's fine, I don't really either. Just figured, 'hey Elizabeth's single why not go for it?' Ya know?"

 I laugh, "Daniel, you're a sweet guy and all but, I'm not looking for anything."

 He chuckles, "And the pretty one always break's the geeks hearts, harsh Elizabeth."

 I smile, "Ha ha, anyways. I should be getting back. Don't want Christina getting worried, now do we?" I ask.

 He shudders, "God forbid that to happen. I'll see you in class tomorrow, bye Elizabeth."

 We then emerge the diner and walk in opposite directions.

 ____

 "Dammit Elizabeth! Where in the hell were you girl? Do you have any idea how freaked I was? You're never out this late!" My roommate Christina, exclaimed when I walked into the house.

 I smiled sheepishly, "Sorry girl, Daniel and I had some hot chocolate. You could've joined," I tell her.

 She smiles, "No thanks, I don't go good with Daniel. The boy hates me," she jokes.

 "You know he doesn't!" I exclaim.

 She waves her hand in the air as if to say 'whatever'. "I'm gonna go to sleep, night girl."

 "Night," I smile and plop down on the couch to watch some television. As I'm watching abcfamily my phone goes off and I grap it from the coffee table, "Hello?"

 "Hey, I miss you! Come visit me, please?" Ally begs.

 I smile, "Ally! I miss you too! You come and visit me!" I tell her.

 "Ella, you know I want to but I don't have the money! I know you have the money!" She exclaims.

 I smile, "I do, but I'm saving that money. How is everyone?" I question.

 She hesitates, "It uh, it's good. We're all good, how are you?"

 "I'm good," I tell her cautiously.

 "That's good, Ella."

 "What are you hiding from me?" I ask her.

 "What? What are you talking about? I-I'm not hiding a thing from you," She lies.

 "Ally you've never lied to me before, why are you beginning to now?" I ask her.

 "Ella Kaye, I miss you. You're my best friend, but unfortunately it isn't my place to say."

 "Okay well whenever you can, call me. Bye!" I hang up on her.

 I turn the TV off and make my way to my bedroom, I grab my phone and make a call, "Hey this is Joey, I've missed  your call so leave a message." I quickly hang up. So much for missing me, Joey.