Chapter 21:

Flashback:

 "Ella?" Lucas called my name. I made my way into his room and sat on his bed.

 "Yes, Lucas?" I asked him.

 "What are we going to do?" he asked me.

 I looked into his eyes and said, "We need to break up, we can't take a chance of Joey catching the two of us," I explained.

 He lowers his gaze and says, "I'm sorry, but I think it's for the best."

 "So, we're breaking up?" I asked.

 "I think so," he replied in a whisper.

 "I love you, Lucas," I state.

 "I love you too, Elizabeth," he rubbed my cheek in a soothing pattern with the palm of his hand.

 _________________

 "Ella, wake up!" Ally exclaimed throwing a pillow at my head.

 I sit up in bed and remember my dream. Why am I remembering the past? I don't want to.

 "Good, now come on. School is awaiting our arrival," she smiles sweetly and disappears.

 After getting ready I make my way to my car. When I arrive to school I get called into the principal's office, "I was needed in here?" I ask as I sit in the chair.

 "Yes, Elizabeth. We know you want to switch your classes but the reason you have given us isn't good enough and it's too far into the year so you're just going to have to stick with the classes you have," Mr. Shermon explains.

 Sighing I nod my head, "Okay, thank you."

 Third period comes and I make my way into class, I sit in my spot next to Chase and smile. "Hi," he says with a smile on his face.

 "Hey," I say. "Been a while," I began.

 "Yes, it has. You've been busy," he states.

 I shrug my shoulders, "I suppose, do you want to hang out soon?" I ask him.

 He rubs the back of his neck and I know it's a no, "I want to but, I can't. I have plans with my family," he says.

 It's a lie, I know it is because he doesn't make eye contact. He always makes eye contact when talking to someone. "It's fine, I have plans with people too. Just tried to be nice, but hey it's fine. Better yet, don't worry about it. We don't need to hang out anyways," then I sit down in my seat just as the bell rings.

 Mr. Haven walks through the class like he hasn't been in the hospital for a while, you can tell by the scratches on his arms though. "Class, I know I've been gone for a while, but I'm back now. So, things will get back to the way they were. First off, I'd like to make a few adjustments. Ella, sit where Whitney sits, Ally I would like you to sit where Ella sat. And Whitney, I'd like you to sit where Ally sat. Everything good? Okay. What? Go on you three, move." He ordered. Glaring at him, I gather my belongings and make my way to the back of the class and sat where Whitney sat. Still glaring at him he continues, "And Elizabeth if you'd like to continue to glare at me I'm sure you'd like to continue in detention after school," he states while turning to write on the board.

 "I can't, Mr. Haven, I have to be somewhere after school," I tell him.

 "And it shall wait," he smiles venomously.

 "Actually, you shall wait," I spit out through gritted teeth.

 "Excuse you?" Mr. Haven then twirls around and glares at me.

 "No, excuse you," I then stand up and march out of the classroom.

________________________

 "Dude, what you did was absolutely amazing! I have never seen you speak to a teacher in such a way! Even though, he isn't really a teacher to the two of us, but still!" Ally exclaimed when she walked through her door.

 "Hello, to you too, Ally," I smiled.

 "How was your day?" She asked me with a smile.

 "Shitty, and yours?" I respond as I grab my purse.

 "Good, where are you going?" She asks.

 I look at her and say, "Away, I can't be here when he returns home, he'll know I'm staying here," then I grab my keys and walk to the front door.

Just as I'm about to answer the door there was a knock, I spot with my hand on the doorknob and look through the peep hole, turning back I look at Ally eyes wide. "Go through the back door," he waves me off. "Hey, Lucas. How ya doin'?" I hear her say with a cheerful voice as I dash for the kitchen.

 "Where is sh-" is all I hear before I'm out of the house. Creeping around the house I see my car and silently thank the lord for letting the drivers door be in the shadows. Once I started my car I reversed into the road and flipped him off as I drove away. Yes, his face was beyond priceless, but I never want to see it again. It did not look angry, or pissed. It looked hurt, and pained.