Chapter 20:

Joey's P.O.V.

 He's in love with Elizabeth. My sister. My best friend is in love with my sister.

 "How?" I ask him.

 "I-I just am. I have been for a very long time," He tells me.

 I look him in the eye and ask, "When?"

 "Two years ago," he admits sheepishly.

 "You're just now telling me this? I swear if you two have been toget-"

 "Hey, can I come in?" Wow, guess who said that? No other than Ella Kaye herself.

 "Leave, Ella, I'll deal with you later," I tell her.

 She looks at Lucas, then back to me, "What's going on?"

 "I cannot believe the two of you," I spit out at them, then I furiously stalk towards her and make my way pass her and out into the hall.

_____________

Ella's P.O.V.

 "What'd you tell him?" I ask Lucas. He looks badly beaten up so I'll save my rant later, when he's healed.

 "Um, nothing," Lucas mutters.

 "Lucas, tell me. Please?" I ask him. He ignores me. "I'm sorry for fighting with you. It's all my fault, I know I shouldn't have fought with you like that. I'm incredibly sorry," I apologize.

 "Elizabeth, just please, leave," he looks me in the eye.

 Hurt I said, "Why? Don't you want 'us' to work? Isn't that what you've wanted all along? What about two years ago when you told me you loved me, is it all lies? Was any of it true at all?" I ask as tears began to fill my eyes.

 He sighs, "Ella, lets not do this here. You should leave. I'll call when I'm out of the hospital," He tells me.

 "Forget it, I won't be home," I tell him as I walk out of his hospital room.

______________

 2 Weeks Later. . .

 "Ally!" I yell at her.

 She pops her head into my guest room, "Yes love?" She asks.

 I laugh at her, "He's coming home today," I look into her eyes, "I told him I won't be there but, what if he comes here looking for me?" I ask.

 She sighs and sits next to me, "I'll tell him I haven't spoken to you for a few days and that I have no idea where you're at. And as for school, it's a good thing you switched your classes," she tells me.

 Nodding I say, "Thanks, Ally."