Chapter 3: Confrontation

Beast Boy was mindlessly flipping through channels, lots of thoughts running through his mind.

Was he overreacting? Was Robin right; is Terra really not coming back?

Beast Boy turned off the tv and held his face in his hands.

"Beast Boy?" Cyborg sat down next to him "Are you alright, man?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." He said, aloof.

"Do you wanna talk about what happened back there?"

"No." He snapped

Just as Cyborg was about to say something else, the front door, and a completely transformed Jo stepped through.

"Woah." Beast Boy whispered under his breath. As much as he disliked Jo, he had to admit that she was drop dead gorgeous.

Her hair was combed and cut, so she now had bangs. She wore an orange, longsleeved croptop, and black skintight pants. With a face free of dirt and muck, her obsidian black eyes sparkled.

Starfire smiled, "She looks good, yes?"

Cyborg gave Jo a light punch in the arm "You look great, JoJo."

Jo arched an eyebrow "JoJo?"

Cyborg just laughed.

"Thanks again for the makeover, Star." Jo said "Now, I'm gonna go take a nap."

As Jo walked to her room, she kept admiring her new outfit, her painted nails, her whiteness teeth. This was all so much more than she deserved, considering what she did so long ago...

"Stop it." She scolded herself.

"Stop what?" Someone said from behind her.

She turned around and saw Beast Boy glaring at her.

"Oh, hey BB." She said awkwardly.

"Don't call me that." He hissed

"Sorry, Beast Boy."

"Whatever. I'm onto you."

Her voice got caught in her throat. How did he find out...

She paused. She needed to find out what he was talking about first.

"Onto me?" She laughed nervously "Onto me about what?"

"Don't play dumb with me! I know you're a mole!"

She sighed in relief "Are you serious?"

"Completely."

"Look, I don't know what I did to make you lose my trust, but whatever I need to do to regain it-"

"How about answering a few questions?"

"Sure."

Beast Boy took a few steps towards her.

"How did you know where to hit Adonis?"

"I already told you-"

"Do you really expect me to believe this 'living on the streets' trash?"

Jo started to sweat "Umm... yes?"

"Tell me the truth!"

"I am!"

"Look, Jo, I know a mole when I see one-"

"Oh, just like how you knew Terra was a mole?" She regretted the words as soon as they came out of her mouth.

He gasped. He stormed up to her so that his nose was touching hers "Don't say that name! Don't you ever say that name again!"

"Just leave me alone." She growled

"You don't know anything about her! She was good in the end, unlike you! You're nothing but a big jerk who doesn't know how to shut your mouth! You're-"

"I said leave me alone!" She thrusted her arm out to push him, and he flew about ten feet, landing on his back.

Except... she never actually touched him.

She stared at her hand in horror.

"You-" Beast Boy stared at her, completely stunned "Did you just-"

"I-I need to go." She ran into her room and leaned on the door.

She stared at her hand. She had just moved Beast Boy without touching him. She knew exactly what this meant.

"He's getting stronger." She whispered to herself in complete horror.