Chapter Nine

Darkpaw dragged himself into the apprentices den.
He was exhausted from the hunting patrol he went on.
As he settled into his nest, Darkpaw noticed Willowpaw and Lilypaw in their nests.
Pepperpaw was in his, angrily tearing it up.
Darkpaw figured Pepperpaw tried to talk to Hollypaw and ended up angering her, which angered him.
"Maybe it's just he's too sheepish and shy." Darkpaw figured.

Her settled down, prepared to take some well earned rest.

As soon as he closed his eyes, he heard a bunch of shuffling coming from outside.
He figured it was just a cat in a play fight.
But after a while, the shuffling didn't stop.
Annoyed that he couldn't get a good night's sleep, Darkpaw angrily stomped out of the den, ready to tell them to be quiet, but he stayed silent as a vole.
Right in front of him, flowing into camp, were Squirrelclan warriors, flooding and trying to find the medicine den.
Darkpaw knew the only way to escape this madness without getting his throat sliced was to sneak around and wake everyone up, and tell them to be super quiet and meet the other warriors at a location.
Darkpaw creeper back in the den, and prodded everyone to wake up, go out the back exit of camp, and meet the others at Cross Tree, all very quietly.
As soon as all the apprentices were out, Darkpaw had to figure out how to tell the other cats to get outside.
Darkpaw dug out a bramble path in the back of the apprentices den when he was a kit, so he used that as a back exit and use the warriors den back exit to wake everyone up.
After all the warriors had gathered except Lionclaw and Blackthroat, Darkpaw went to the nursery.
The queens were horrified, but they followed Darkpaw's orders without complaint.
Darkpaw padded to what was next in line, the medicine den.
He knew it was tricky, but he went through the bramble screen in the back and prodded Oakpaw to wake up Springleaf and get out of there.
When he ushered the two med cats, he put a tuft of his fur on a bramble in the den to make it look like Springleaf was there.
Darkpaw padded away and then padded to the leaders den.
"Tanstar! Tanstar! Wake up!" Darkpaw whispered urgently.
"Squirrelclan is here, and I told everyone to go to Cross Tree. I need you to follow me, because I know a way around camp and used that as a way to get around." He added.
"Alright, show me the way." Tanstar agreed.
Darkpaw led Tanstar out of his den and quietly led him around the dens, weaving between Squirrelclan warriors.

Tanstar almost tripped and exposed where they were, but Darkpaw was quick to act and grabbed his scruff just in time.
They padded off now, almost to the exit when, *snap*. Darkpaw looked back and, Whitenose and Blackthroat were following them.
Apparently, Whitenose accidentally snapped a twig in her effort to be quiet.
They dashed out the back entrance and hurried to Cross Tree.
The Squirrelclan warriors were close behind, but they outran them.
The Squirrelclan warriors had reached the entrance to Cross Tree, but couldn't find any of the Leapclan warriors.

As they wondered deeper into Cross Tree place, they ended up padding on the Cross Tree itself.
Suddenly, out of nowhere, the Leapclan warriors flooded out of every dirction.
Leapclan warriors surrounded them on every edge, yowling and screeching.
Tanstar roared, almost like a lion.
All the cats hurled themselves into the frightened Squirrelclan pack.
Darkpaw lunged himself at a ginger pelted tom, who raked his belly as he slid under.
Unphased, Darkpaw leaped into the warrior, who was still getting up.
Darkpaw grabbed his neck and gripped as hard as he could.

The warrior started clawing the air, trying to get him to stop.
Darkpaw held on to the warriors neck, relentlessly yanking the warrior this way and that.
Darkpaw imagined the warrior as Tarpaw and started clawing the warrior which was gasping for air.
"Please......please." We're the warriors last words as his neck snapped in Darkpaw's jaws.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~¥¥¥¥¥¥¥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tarpaw was hurdling himself at a warrior when he stopped to see Hollypaw dashing between warriors, killing them with hard, swift, bites

Tarpaw resumed to his position when the warrior scratched at him.
Tarpaw lunged, ducked under the warrior and scraped his belly.
He got up quickly and leaped on top of the still turning warrior.
His claws dug deep into the warriors skin.
He started biting and scratching the warrior.
As he bit down on the warriors neck, Tarpaw got his fist taste of blood.
Tarpaw closed his eyes, imagining Hollypaw kissing him when the fight was over.
The warrior underneath Tarpaw took advantage and rolled over, squishing the young apprentice.
The warrior, knowing his wits, crept away.
"Coward." He thought.
He lunged at a white tom whose eyes seemed to be burning.
"Birdstar!" Tarpaw realized but it was too late.
Birdstar leaped at Tarpaw, screeching and yowling.
A black figure thundered into Birdstar before he could lay a hair on Tarpaw.
Swift as the breeze, the tom swiped at Birdstar in furious strikes.
Tarpaw collapsed in a heap after a larger she cat tackled him while he was off guard.
She ripped at his pelt with furious swipes, biting and scratching every chance she got.
A tan shape appeared, tackling, rolling, and biting the she cat.
It was Tanstar!
Tanstar battered at the she cat until she whimpered away with her tail tucked underneath her legs.
Tarpaw noticed Pepperpaw batting one of the strongest warriors, and winning.
Tarpaw hated the fact he was pummeled by a she cat and another apprentice, a mere kit to him, was beating an experienced warrior.
Tarpaw lunged at the warrior, claws spread out and mouth wide open.
A young tom smacked him down, leaving him breathless.

It was Twistedpaw!
"Just pretend to beat me and this will all be over." He whispered to Tarpaw.
"I don't want to fight you."
Tarpaw grumbled and pretended to bat down Twistedpaw, biting but with soft bites.
Twistedpaw gave Tarpaw a wink as he whimpered softly and dashed away.
Tarpaw turned around, expecting to see warriors left and right, hissing and spitting.
But no one was there.
All the Squirrelclan warriors dashed off with their tail tucked between their legs.
But Birdstar lay there dead.
Tarpaw figured it was just one life lost of the many Birdstar had.
But Birdstar still lay there, no spirit coming out of him or anything.
Russetclaw was found among the many dead warriors.
Who was going to be Squirrelclan's next leader?

( alright, so, I know it took me forever to finish this, but I'm trying to keep track.
I'm trying to keep publishing on a daily basis, but things might get hectic.
I also don't really feel like writing anymore because that's all I was doing on a vacation trip.
Love, and peace out.