Chapter 48

The Bet

"Babe hurry they will be here any minute!" Janet yelled from the kitchen. She looked around proudly at all the food she had cooked. Most people think because she has money she doesn't cook for herself but it's one of her favorite things to do. "Clarke baby come on!" She yelled again.

Clarke looked at herself in the mirror and sighed. She really didn't feel up to having company but she had agreed to dinner with the neighbors weeks ago. It had also been a few weeks since she brought up marriage to Janet. She said they would talk about it but didn't want to discuss it that very moment. Clarke said she understood and has been on the edge of her seat ever since. It was starting to get to her now. She didn't doubt Janet's love for her and she didn't in any shape or form want to pressure her, but she was ready for a new chapter. Clarke brought her focus back to the mirror after getting lost in her thoughts and snapped a picture.

 Clarke brought her focus back to the mirror after getting lost in her thoughts and snapped a picture

Me: Got all dressed up for you... please tell me you're still coming.

Gil: Daddy I would NEVER miss a chance to get to know those cute ass neighbors of yours.

Me: J did tell you that they are a couple right?

Gil: Your point? 😏 Pulling up now, see you inside.

Clarke jumped, startled by a knock on the bathroom door.

"Baby? Is everything okay in there?"

Clarke opened the door. "Wow"

Janet smiled

Janet smiled. "Wow yourself." She said stepping closer and kissing her. "You look so sexy in all that black."

Clarke wrapped her arms around Janet's waist. "You too beautiful." The doorbell rang. "That's Gil, he texted saying he was pulling up."

Janet took Clarke by the hand as they walked to door. Gil was standing there arms linked with the two men from across the street.

"Janet, Daddy, I want you guys to meet my new friends." He said smiling. "This is Wade."