Story Sixteen

A/N: Hallo! I've written an AU for youuuuu. I guess they are all human in this one. I got inspiration from the tumblr.

Dean woke up on an unfamiliar couch in an unfamiliar house with an unfamiliar man staring at him. As he opened his eyes, the light seemed to pierce from his eyes straight to his head. He sat up and realized he was shirtless, beaten up, and, worst of all very, very hungover.

He groaned in discomfort. He squeezed his eyes shut and put a hand over them.

"Hello..." the unfamiliar man said. "If I may ask, what are you doing here?"

Dean's head pounded with each syllable.

"That's a good question. I thought this was my brother's house..."

"Also, forgive me but why are you..." his eyes raked over Dean's bare chest and abdomen before returning to his face. "Undressed?"

"I'm not really sure, but could I get a glass of water or something? I'm really hungover and it's not what I'd call fun."

"Oh. Yes, of course."

The man left the room and Dean did a quick assessment of himself. He had a fat lip, and there was blood on his face that seemed to have come from his nose, but he didn't appear to have any serious injuries. He also noticed that his jeans and boots were still on, but his shirt was missing.

The man came back and Dean realized just how attractive the man was. He had blue eyes, the bluest Dean had ever seen. His hair stood up in every direction, but it managed to look styled instead of messy. He was well-built under the trench coat he wore. And his lips... Dean tried not to stare at his lips. Dean blinked. Since when did he check guys out?

"Here," said the man, handing Dean a glass of water.

Dean chugged the water; he hadn't realized how thirsty he was until he started drinking.

"Thanks," he said, handing the empty glass back.

"So... what happened to you?"

Hazy memories of the night before had started to come back to Dean.

"Well," he began, "I went out, like a regular night... and I was in this bar. I had a few too many drinks and started to flirt with this chick, but she had a boyfriend. He got real jealous... and I think he and his friends jumped me. I couldn't really fight, 'cuz I was drunk... So when they were done with me I dragged myself over here, thinking it was my brother's house. I climbed in the window and passed out on the couch. Still not sure how exactly I lost my shirt though... My name's Dean, by the way."

"I am Castiel," the man replied. "Is there anything you need...?"

"Oh, um, some more water would be nice."

Castiel nodded and turned to refill the glass.

"Hey, and, do you have a shirt I could borrow?" Dean called to the kitchen.

"Yes," Cas said, retuning with the water. "You seem to be a bit bigger than me, but I may have something."

Dean drank the water, sipping it this time, as Castiel went to get him a shirt. Cas came back offering Dean a white t-shirt.

Like Castiel had said, Dean was a little bigger than him, which meant that the shirt was a bit too tight on him. His muscles pressed against the thin fabric.

Castiel tried to be discreet, but he couldn't make himself stop staring at Dean. That's why he had hedged for excuses to leave the room on the first place; he was afraid the mysterious stranger on his couch would think he was coming onto him. Not that he didn't want to...

Dean leaned forward, putting his aching head in his hands. Oh, that's right. Dean was in pain, hungover. Castiel had almost forgotten.

"Are you okay?" Castiel asked with concern.

"Peachy," said Dean, but it was clear he was anything but peachy.

"Do you want some more water? Or a ride home?" Castiel wouldn't normally be this concerned for a stranger, but there was just something about Dean.

"Naw, it's ok. Could I just crash here for a couple hours?" He wouldn't normally trust a stranger to be there while he slept, but there was just something about Castiel.

***

Two hours later, Dean decided it was time to go.

"Hey, uh, Cas," he said, hoping Castiel would be okay with the nickname. "Could I get a ride to my brother's place?"

"Sure," Castiel sighed. He had been hoping to spend a little more time with Dean, but who was he to refuse?

He led Dean out to his car, a 1978 Lincoln Continental Mark V.

"Where to?"

Dean rattled off an address on the opposite side of town. Castiel shook his head, wondering how Dean had managed to go in a completely different direction than was required to get to his brother's house.

The ride there was quiet, as neither one of them really knew what to say. Cas stopped in front of Sam's house.

"Let me walk you to the door," he offered, knowing this would be the last time he saw Dean.

"Oh, okay."

They got out of the car and Dean led the way to the front door. They both stood at the doorstep, neither knocking or speaking.

"Good meeting you," Dean said finally.

"Yes," Castiel agreed.

Dean turned around and knocked on the front door.

"Coming!" Came Sam's voice from inside.

The two men stood awkwardly at the door, waiting for Sam to come open it. A short while later, the door swung open.

"Oh," Sam said upon seeing his brother. "Hey, Dean. And...?"

"Castiel," he introduced himself.

"Hi, Castiel." He shot Dean a questioning look.

I'll explain later, Dean's facial expression seemed to say.

"Well," Castiel said, "I guess I should go now. Goodbye, Dean." He could hear a hint of sadness in his voice that he hoped no one would pick up on.

"Bye, Castiel."

Cas turned to walk away and Dean turned back to his brother. Sam's eyes flickered between the two of them, and he looked amused. Dean glanced at his brother's face.

"Shut up," he said, seeing Sam's expression.

When Castiel reached his car he looked back towards Sam's house, but found that the brothers had already gone inside.

"Goodbye, Dean," he said again, opening the door to his his car.

A small piece of paper rested on the passenger seat. Castiel picked the folded scrap up and found that it was a note, written in Dean's hasty scrawl.

"Call me sometime: 555-267-8453 -Dean"

Castiel smiled to himself as he drove home that day.

I will, Dean, he thought, I will.

So yeah. Hope you rice balls liked that AU ^_^ Don't forget to vote, and until next time, keep on keepin on!

P.S. How do you all feel about being called rice balls??

P.P.S. I'm about to hit 1k! Such excite!