Randall Ascot x Reader (Adventure Awaits)

Introduction: This fiction takes place in the time of Miracle Mask flashback moments, with Randall and the reader going on an adventure.

____________________________________________________________

It was another day in your ancient history and archeology class that you took with your friends Randall and Hershel. After class was finished you began to pack your things when all of a sudden you hear someone yell "(Y/N)!" you looked up to see Randall zooming towards your desk "We are going on another dig, because well, you see I final finished deciphering this ancient text and if I'm not mistaken it says that their is an Azran ruin not to far from here. So what do you say?", "Really! Alright then what time are we all meeting?" you inquired. "Seven this evening and don't worry about bringing any equipment, I will be suppling them. See you then!" Then ran off to finish preparations.

So you went to the tree you all usually meet at before going on an adventure a bit before seven. About five minutes later you see Randall lugging all of the equipment by himself, so you go to him "Here let me help." Taking the packs "Thanks, (Y/n)!" revealed from the weight being lessened. "So where are the others?" you asked as you both put the stuff near the tree to sit. "Hershel said he wanted a rest from this and I quote 'I am not interested in puzzles Randall!' (as he imitated Hershel's voice), Henry was held back with work so it looks like it's just going to be us on this expedition. And you know what it's alright we'll be like Professor Lidenbrock as he journeyed to the centre of the earth in the book." he replied, he always tried to look at the bright side of things when they didn't go as he planned. "Alright then shall we go?" you began. "Of course, ladies first~" he said as he gestures for you to go first then trailed behind.

You both started talking about the cavern you were going to enter. When final you've both made it. "Okay, so we need to tie this rope around us, that way if anything happens we won't lose each other." he remarked, to which you simply nodded and tied it around yourself, he then also took the lead. As you walked along the sight it quickly became darker the deeper you both went in you began to pull out two of your flashlights and handed the other one to him, when you flashed the light from yours it revealed a large hole in the middle of the cavern. Which you both had to walk along the edge of, and as you were you took a misstep and began to fall. Randall reacted quickly and caught you. As he placed you back to your regular stance he looked into your eyes and said "Now I can't be loosing you now can I!" with a cheeky smile then held your hand to make sure it wouldn't happen again, causing you to blush as he guided you along. You had to admit you admired his 'can do' attitude, cheerfulness in a situation, that joyous look in his eyes or how cute he was when he discovered something new and- "You know-" Randall began snapping you back out of your thoughts "Guessing from the Stalactite we saw earlier the Azran structure shouldn't be far now!" you nodded nervously. "Hey, its alright (Y/n) where making great progress and thank you for coming with me." he said kindly "It was no trouble, really! I'm enjoying it too, other than nearly falling of course. But other than that its been quite exciting!" you answered causing him to chuckle. Which made you smile for at least making him laugh.

You both took a few stops to eat, you handle the map a few times whilst he was handled the equipment, drew out some of the designs of what you saw, collected some interesting geodes, till finally you both arrived in front of the ancient ruins, you looked around as he went to a large wall covered in ancient Azran writing and pulled out his journal to decipher it. "Incredible! (Y/n) come look at this!" Randall exclaimed you then walked over to him to see the rest of the writing taking your own notes. As you were, you didn't notice that he was admiring you. For you see he has never told you but he was fond of you ever since the moment you first met, then when he learnt of your interest in archaeology it only fascinated him more of you. "Randall, do you realize what this means?" you asked excitedly bring him back to reality. "Of course that the Mask isn't to far of from here and if I'm correct", "Exactly!" you exclaimed, he then points "And these are the coordinates to it's location." He beamed brightly at you. 

After writing the location and finding a few artifacts you both were heading back home safely. "So how was it?", "Oh, It was absolutely magnificent and now I have a few new geodes, got to draw some of the ruins and had a wonderful time with you!" you said excitedly causing him to blush bashfully and chuckle "Well I'm glad you liked it and hey I was thinking of going on another expedition next Saturday if you want to come." he said "I would love to!" you replied. "Great and-" He then leaned over and kissed your cheek "Thanks again for coming along! Well see you tomorrow." He said as he began running off and wave to you. Leaving you stunned  then you touched your cheek where he kissed you and smiled to yourself whilst you walked into your house. And Randall jumped with his hands in the air cheering. He couldn't wait next Saturday to go with you on your next expedition.