Part 5

Shekhar had booked a hall for the marriage. Guests had started arriving. Shekhar was busy in checking all the preparations, Shomi was with the guests.
While Swara was getting ready in the room and Ragini along with some of her cousins were helping her. Swara looked nervous but was trying her best to not show her nervousness to others.

"Baraat aa gayi" exclaimed one of the cousins seeing outside the window.

Sanskar was sitting on a horse with people coming dancing to the beats of music.

"Jiju  is looking so handsome" said the cousin

Others too joined her watching their to be jiju. While Swara was still sitting on her chair. She was looking beautiful in her red lehanga with the matching jewelleries.

Downstairs , Swara's family welcomed Sanskar's. Then after some rituals Sanskar was asked to sit in the mandap.

Soon the priest called for Swara. She came downstairs with a long viel. Ragini had held her for support.

She was made to sit beside Sanskar. Sanskar's face couldn't be seen due to the sehra on his face.

Priest started chanting mantras and SwaSan did as they were asked to. Sanskar's cousin sis did their gatbandhan.

Priest asked them to stand for phere. They took seven rounds around the holy fire and took the seven vows.

They were asked to sit. Sanskar made her wear the sacred thread and filled vermillion in her hairline.

"Wedding is completed... bride and groom take blessings from elders"

SwaSan then stood and bent and took blessings from elders.

:
:

It was bidaai time. Sanskar was waiting for Swara when she came hugging her father crying. Shekhar was a strict father but loved his daughter. He controlled his tears and tried to calm Swara. She hugged her mother and cried. Sanskar turned his face as he couldn't see her crying. She calmed a little and was asked to take rice in her hands, throw over her  head thrice.
Bidding a teary farewell she went along with Sanskar in the car. During the whole way she was crying, Sanskar hand her his handkerchief. He didnt knew what to say so he stayed silent.

:
:

Finally they reached home, Sujata did arti of SwaSan and then asked Swara to hit the rice kalash with her right leg and enter. Swara entered and then stepped on the dish with alta. Walked in the house leaving behind her footprints, along with Sanskar. They took blessings from God then RamTa and Sanskar's Dadi.

::

:
:

Outside SwaSan's room

Sanskar was standing nervous how to go inside. After taking deep breaths, he tried to open the door for 20th time. This time he opened the door a little but again closed feeling a current running down his spine.

"Sanskar what are you doing here?" Said his dadi adjusting her glasses; holding a filled water jug

"Nothing dadi just going" he replied

"Go Sanskar, dont make bahu wait on suhagraat day" saying so she left to her room

"Ji dadi" he opened the door and went inside and sighed leaning on the closed door when he opened his eyes saw Swara with a viel on her face sitting in the middle. His room was unrecognizable to him as it was decorated beautifully his single bed was replaced with double for both pf them and colour of the room was also changed. He again turned towards the door and talked to himself "sanskar calm down" took long breaths and turned towards Swara and moved towards her. Swara had tightly clenched her fist on the lehanga cloth  as she was also nervous but stayed still.

He sat before her and lifted her viel and was mesmerised seeing her. He came out of his thoughts and bend towards her, Swara closed her eyes tightly as she wasn't ready for anything.

She quickly opened her eyes hearing some sounds, she found him setting the sheet on the floor and the pillow he took , kept behind her.

She was surprised to see this and asked him in a low voice "what are doing ji?"

"Setting sheets for sleeping ... you sleep on bed" saw her confused "see i understand you aren't ready to take our relation to next level and even im not ready for this so i think we should give time to our relation"

She was happy to have such an understanding husband and smiled hearing him.

He was lay down when he remembered something and got up and went towards the almirah. He took something out and went towards her.

"Its for you" he forwarded a gift to her "mom said to give a gift after l8fting your viel ...open it.. i hope you'll like it"

She unwrapped it and opened the box. It was a gold ring.

"You liked it?" He asked curiously
She nodded "ji its beautiful" and smiled.
"Thank God you liked i was so nervous to give it to you" he signed "umm shall i make you wear it?"
She nodded.

He took her hand in his. Shivers ran down both of their spines. He made her wear the ring.

"Be comfortable and if you need anything just tell me and good night." He said and was going to lay down

"Ji you can sleep on bed..i'll sleep down" she said

"No im okay you sleep" he said and was going to close lights but she interrupted

"Don't switch off the lights please" she said embarrassed as she was afraid of dark

"Okay" he left one light open but closed others

He had problem while sleeping on the floor and above that lights he was used to of sleeping in dark with lights off. But somehow managed to sleep.

Swara turned towards Sanskar and admired his sleeping figure thinking about him.
Swara pov
Thank you so much for understanding me ji. I am so lucky to get you as my life partner. I promise to fulfill all my duties as your wife and dil of this house with full dedication and always support you in every walk of life. This ring which you gifted me today is very special to me and i'll never part with it until my last breath.
Pov end.

:
:

Morning

Sanskar woke up feeling pain in his neck and back due to sleeping on floor. He got up and turned towards the washroom side from where Swara came out wearing a saree, drying her hairs with the towel.

He was lost in her while she looked towards him.

"Swara Sanskar" Sujata knocked at the door bringing both of them back into senses

"Ji maa" said Sanskar
"Sanskar come with Swara its arti time"
"Okay maa"he said

Screen stops at their embarrassed faces.

***

Thank you so much for reading.!!

And a very HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Wish you all a happy and prosperous 2018.