Secret

I am a little nervous right now.Harry just went to find more food so I am an easy target. He said to me when he left that there isn't anything to worry about, but that probably was just to calm my nerves.

I sit on the log next to the bonfire full of ashes and smoke from last night. My legs are feeling ok. I think maybe another week or so and they will be back to normal.

Every sound I hear I jump a little hoping that it isn't someone creeping on me. I flashback to that terrible day when Jack kidnapped me. It should be adultnapped me but whatever, the people who made the word kidnapped should have thought about adults too.

It still makes my mind wonder as to why Jack referred himself as to "us". If there is anyone else on the island like him, Harry and I are in deep shit.

Different ideas and things blast through my mind when I hear something behind me. My heart drops and I sit scared. It sounds like cracking branches. I immediately look behind me to find nothing except the green leaves in the jungle.

I hear the crackling again so I look back. I look over the trees and stop when I find something. It isn't nothing this time.

It's a big monkey staring at me. It doesn't move, just stares, in a mysterious, scary, and terrifying way. I didn't expect it all. I am apprehensive and feel like maybe if I walk away it will leave me alone.

That is exactly what I do still glancing back at the monkey to see its reactions. I'm being paranoid or something.

The monkey looks behind him and moves that way. I watch where I'm going and look at it again hoping it won't make a sudden move and start climbing towards me. I start to run being me being my abnormal self.

"Millie," I hear as I crash into someone. I feel his strong chest with my head as we are laying in the sand. Me on top. The person sighs and starts to laugh. I know his voice. Harry.

"Oh sorry," I say lifting myself up off of him," I was a little distracted."I mention looking at him blow off some sand on his body. His face has a cheeky smile, dimples showing.

Why does he have to be so sexy. With sand in his hair, it reminds me of the moment he kissed me.

He stands up. His smile disappears and his face turns serious.

"Is it because of Jack?" he asks. It is i just feel embarrassed, but Harry knows what I've been through. I nod with eyes fixed on the ground. I sound like a little child being afraid of the dark, but it's not the dark. It's a crazy person, Jack.

"It's ok, you know," he reassures," You don't have to act all tough," he brushes my cheek with his finger. I feel tears come to my eyes, but I need to be brave. I can't cry. I can't cry!

His face lowers so that his mouth is almost touching my ear.

"You can cry," he whispers. Right after he says this I wrap my arms around him and cry into his chest.

I never thought that this would happen. After the first day on the island with Harry, if anyone were to mention his name I would probably smack them. But now that we are actually friends, it is different. Since he is actually comforting me, it is really different.

I ball into his chest while he runs his hands through my hair saying," Shh... It's Ok." I feel glad that he is here with me. If it weren't for him I would be alone and most likely dead. I owe him my life.

We walk over to the bonfire pit, my head still in his chest. We sit down on the log. He picks my head up so our eyes are staring into each others. His electrifying green orbs into my dull brown eyes.

He wipes a tear off my face. " I will make sure he doesn't come back. You don't have to worry," he slowly speaks.

"O-o- k," I stutter. He leans in and gives me a kiss on the forehead sending a sign of safety throughout me. I'm now more comfortable than ever since Harry is around.

I hug him once more and start to talk trying. To get off of this depressing conversation. Even though it is still daytime Harry starts a fire.

He isn't the shy person like he normally is either. He actually is pretty talk-a-tive. A few times I catch him staring at me while I talk and my cheeks turn red.

He tells me about his family and other things while I tell him about mine.

"Yeah so my dad is in jail. For abuse and drugs and other shit. So my mom and my sister Gemma live in England while I live in the U.S. to get away from everything." He tells me. I fiddle with my hands while he asks me about me.

"Well, my dad passed away from too much alcohol consumption when I was 16. My mom got remarried a couple years ago. I live in an apartment by myself and I have-had an internship for a writing company." I stopped there seeing as though I was talking too much.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't be all sad because my dad is in jail when yours is gone," he studies my face.

"It's fine. I'm glad he is gone," I looked away from Harry. I didn't want to see his pitiful expression.

"He was a horrible person. I know it was the alcohol that did it but he didn't have to beat us." I immediately covered my mouth and realized I just let out my family's worst memories that were supposed to be kept secret.