Anticipation

Am I being paranoid? As I look down at the white clouds through the window I sigh.

I hate flying on planes. They just go so high and I'm not one for heights. As I travel to London I wonder about planes getting in crashes and sinking.

Not the greatest ideas to calm my nerves.

I shut the window so I would stop these terrible thought running through my mind.

I lean my head back on the seat and put my hands in a ball on my lap.

I wish my aunt and uncle would have come to America instead of the other way around. It would have been a lot easier and less hard on myself.

I had to take two weeks off of my internship to come here. I have to do all my missed work in London. I don't want to do it right now though because I am too distracted by the thought of how this plane could crash.

I packed a lot of stuff for London such as books, clothes, money, etc. I felt like I packed my whole wardrobe to come here.

Maybe music will help me stop my anticipation. I reach into my backpack and grab my Ipod and headphones.

I turn the power button on and scroll through the music trying to find a good song. I stop at a song by "The Fray" called "Cable Car". I love this song I say out loud not intending to. I put the headphones in my ears muting out the loud airplane noise and a few kids crying in the background.

Now I can relax.

I look around looking at all the people on the plane. I was sitting next to a man who was dressed in a suit and tie. He looked he was in his forties.

I am excited to go see my Aunt and Uncle in London. I haven't seen them since I was little. They always say how they want me to come visit and when my mom said there was a price decrease I jumped on the chance.

My eyes were getting heavy and I decided I could take a little nap knowing that there was still about three hours left of this trip.

Just as I was about to go to sleep I felt someone kick the back of my seat. At first I thought it was on accident, but no, it wasn't. This person behind me kept doing it and each kick got worse.

Finally I got the nerve to turn around in my seat. I take my headphones out.

There sat a boy who looked like he was in his twenties. How childish for him to be kicking at the back of my seat.

Although he was kicking the back of my seat I can't help but look at his handsome features. His long curly brown hair, emerald eyes, full lips. He was wearing a black t-shirt with jeans. He had a couple tattoos you could see down his arms.

He was pretty hot, but that doesn't distract me.

"Will you stop that!" I tell him. He looked almost surprised as I said this to him.

"Don't tell me what to do!" he says back with stern raspy voice. I turn back around in my seat leaving just the back of my seat to him, and I hear him call me a bitch to someone beside him.

Who does he think he is? Calling me a that when he doesn't even know me. He has a lot of nerve....

I put my headphones back in my ears and listen to various artists. Even on the worst days of my life I could listen to music and it would calm me down. I don't know what I would do without it.

Just then did the boy behind me kick even harder. He just kept kicking and kicking and it was giving me a headache.

I was about to have a fit. I still have about two and a half hours left.

And there was no sign that the curly haired boy behind me would stop kicking. So I decided to try one last time.

"Seriously Stop! Do you have to be so immature!" I shout. He turns to a blonde haired boy that was also pretty good looking and they both started laughing.

My teeth were clenched and I wanted to scream at him, but I didn't want to give him the satisfaction.

I call for one of the plane attendants. I look at the brown and blonde haired boy with glares, but they just keep laughing.

"Excuse me? Can you please tell these immature morons to stop kicking my seat," I ask an older lady politely.

I think she was a little surprised by my use in words to call them, but she would understand if she were in my position.

"Stop kicking her seat or you will be sent to the back of the plane." She tells them. I can tell by there faces they are trying not to laugh as she tells them.

I see a lot of people staring at us four people. I didn't want to cause too much commotion, but if that was how it was going to get them to stop.

As the flight attendant turns around the brown-haired boy gives her middle finger.

I gasp.

"What do you want one?" The boy asks.

I give him the most nastiest look I can manage and sit back down in my seat.

So much for my first flight on a plane.

~~~~~~~~

My head is leaned back and I'm sleeping with my headphones in my ear.

All of the sudden, the plane starts shaking and rocking back and forth. My eyes flash open, and I take the headphones out of my ears.

I can hear screaming and gasping all throughout the plane. Some people are crying and others are in shock.

I couldn't help it and I looked out the window. I can see water and the water isn't as far away as it was before. It's getting closer.....

I breathe up and down in panic and my eyes feel with tears. This isn't how I wanted to die. In those seconds I remember what my dad told me before I left.

He said," It is more likely you get into a car accident than a plan crash by thousands." He said this to calm my nerves. Now they are all over the place.

My head is spinning. I'm going frantic.

"I won't die today," I tell myself over and over. This is a dream, no, a nightmare.

The plane tilts forward and farther forward as we are going down. People are on the ground trying to hang on to there seats.

Tears are falling from my face. Little kids and mothers are screaming while others know it's going to happen.

Just then, there was a loud noise and everything became black.

~~~~~~~~

I walk down the stairs in my nighty. I hear screaming and yelling from the kitchen. I don't know if I should go in there or not. Will they be mad for intruding on their arguments or will they take notice that I'm up at 1:00 A.M. when I have to go to my second day of 3rd grade tomorrow.

Well anyways, I don't know if I want to find out, but my feet don't agree with me and they walk right to the kitchen.

Just as I walk in my dad raises his hand to my mom and smacks her right across the face. She falls to the floor puts her hand to her cheek. He starts to kick her.

He does is repeatedly until he notices that I'm standing in the doorway. He walks over to me and my mom is screaming for me to run but I'm frozen.

"Millie run!" She keeps shouting but I can't.

He pushes me to the floor and I land with a thump on my back.

He gets on his knees and I can smell his alcoholic breath from where he is. He starts punching, smacking, and doing whatever physical pain he can bring to me. I can see my mom trying to pull my dad off of me but he has the strong capability of pushing her back to the ground.

"NO!!! STOP!!! PLEASE!!" I scream over and over.

"Hey! Wake up!" I hear someone scream. I open my eyes and look up to a completely blue sky.

Heyyyy guys! I know this chapter is short but the next chapters will be longer. 😜