4. The Violin

I walk down the hall with the groceries to music room three. I pass another music room and spot a sleek black grand piano. Memories of my father pop up. He taught me everything I know about music. He loved the piano, piano and guitar were his favorite.

I spot something else in the corner of the room, a beautiful violin. I set the grocery bags down and step inside the room. They can wait a few more minutes. I walk over to the violin and inspect it, it's so beautiful.

I look at the label and back up, a Guarneri. How could the school afford to have such an expensive instrument? I trace my finger on the outside of the instrument. One song. I pick it up, I feel so unworthy of even holding the instrument.

I pick up the bow and play a note...absolutely beautiful. I start to play one of my favorites, Mendelssohn's concerto in E minor. (The video above) I seem to lose myself in the song and all my feelings flow out into the air itself. All the confusion and anger and sadness words cannot describe flowed out into something that described it so perfectly.

As I play the last ending note I notice there are other people in the room. The hosts and some customers clapped as I put the violin back and rush out with my head down. I grabbed the groceries and quick ran to music room three. I take out the candy and leave it on Honey's table, the coffee on Tamaki's, and the box of Pocky on Kyoya's.

Tamaki rushes in as I start taking tea set to the back,"Sebastian."

I ignore him and set the tray down on a counter,"Hey, Sebastian."he calls again.

I take a tea cup and start to wash it in the sink,"I had no clue you could play like that."Tamaki says and walks up next to me.

"You weren't supposed to."I say emotionless and wash another tea cup.

"Why not? It was so beautiful!"he says.

I feel my eyes sting with tears,"You weren't supposed to hear. I promised..."I cut myself off and walk out to grab another tea set.

As I turn to bring it back he stops me and holds a side of the tray,"I've never heard anything like it. Why are you so ashamed?"he asks. 

"What do you want me to say?"I ask,"That I'm ashamed to play ever since my father died?"

I shove past him,"He would be proud."he says.

I stop,"He would be proud that you can express yourself like that... but I think he would be sad to know you feel ashamed."he says.

I walk away with the tea set, tears streaming down my face. There's a lot of things that would make him upset. I continue washing tea cups and I hear the others come in. Suddenly I feel a pair of arms wrap around my torso.

"What are you doing Kaoru?"I ask shutting off the water.

He lets go,"You just seemed like you could use a hug."

I turn around and engulf him in a hug. I press my face into the crook of his neck as he hesitantly hugged back. I let go and turn back to the tea cups.

"I'm sorry."I say quietly.

"Don't be, that's why I came to check up on you."he says.

I run a hand though my hair,"By the way, you're really good at violin."he says.

"You think so?"

"Yeah."

Time skip cuz idk what to do with my life ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, Tamaki."I say after the last customers leave.

"Yes?"

I rub the back of my neck,"I wanted to say sorry for snapping at you, I was out of line."

In a matter of seconds he was suffocating me in a hug,"Aw, I could never stay mad at my son!"he exclaimed then started rambling again. 

"Hey, Sebastian. Do you want a ride home?"Kaoru asks.

"Sure."I say and walk out with him and Hikaru.

We walk out of the school and another limo pulls up at the front,"Does everyone here have their own private limo?"I ask.

"I guess."Hikaru says nonchalantly.

A man in a tux opens the door for us, I nod to him and say a quick 'thanks'. I've only ever been in a few limos in my life and now I've got to ride in one twice in a day. I guess these guys grew up with riches and don't really think much of it.

"You live by Haruhi, right?"Hikaru asks.

I nod,"Yeah."

After a few silent moments Hikaru asks,"So, why did you move to Japan anyway?"

"Oh,"I say,"Well, my dad passed away and he always said that he would get me into the best high school with the best music program in the world. That just happened to be Ouran. So my grandfather and I moved here."

"Is your mom here too?"Kaoru asks.

"No."I say and take a deep breath,"I haven't spoken to my mom for a few years now. Who knows what she's been doing all this time."

"Oh."Kaoru says.

Good job, way to make things awkward.

"But my grandfather takes good care of me, he's the sweetest person you'll ever meet. You can come meet him if you'd like."I say trying to lighten the mood.

"Not today, maybe some other time."Hikaru says.

"Sure."I say with a smile, I notice both of their faces reddened a little.

The limo stops and the door opens to my street. I gather my things and hop out of the limo.

"Thanks guys, I'll see you tomorrow."I say to them and say an extra 'thank you' to the driver as well.

Maybe the host club isn't all that bad.

Word count: 994

Sorry, this chapter was a little shorter. But that concludes day one at Ouran High. 

P.S. I do not play violin, but I did a little research so I could try to make this chapter a little more accurate so I'm sorry if I'm not correct.