I love to smell the top of her hair when we hug. She always smells like her shampoo. Funny thing about her is that she doesn't like perfume but always ends up smelling good somehow in the end. She just naturally smells good.

Cute.

"Awww, Shawn." She teases and hugs me, laying her chin on my chest to look at me. I can feel her on her toes, but she still doesn't level up to my height.

"Are you trying to be as tall as me?" I raise a brow.

"No." She lies.

"Aw, look at little Elyssa." I pat her adorable bald head.

We hear Dr Chow chuckle as he continues to write on Elyssa's check up papers.

"I'm. Not. Short." She pouts and swats my arm.

"How's the weather down there?" I continue to tease her and her cheeks flame. It's quite adorable.

"You suck." She pouts again. Oh, how I wish I can kiss those pouty lips. But I can't.

I lean in to whisper in her ear. "Not for free."

"Shawn!" She swats my arm again and can't hide that smile that I love so much. "You are a very dirty minded man."

"I can't hide it." I admit and we both laugh.

"Okay, I will ignore that." Dr Chow breaks in the conversation and gives a paper to Elyssa. "This is for your parents."

"Okay. Thank you Chow Mein." Elyssa smiles cheekily,  revealing that one dimple that she has on her right cheek.

I couldn't help but poke at it. She slaps my hand away and shakes Dr Chow's hand before walking away. I pout at her action and she frowned at me.

"I like your dimple." I shrug. "Or should I say freckle?"

She groans. "I  thought they were called freckles before!"

"I know." I laugh.

It's cute how she defends herself when I tease her. She always scrunches her nose when she tries to be mad at me, which doesn't last longer than a minute.  She just loves me. I sometimes hope she loved me more; the way I love her.

More.

Her parents were waiting outside in the main entrance. They would've gone inside along with Elyssa, but they are secure when I come along with her. They just stayed in the main entrance, waiting.

Elyssa gave them the paper and we all walked to the car. Elyssa was really tired so I let her go on my back, to carry her. Her head layed on my shoulder while she wrapped her hand around my neck.

"Thank you, Shawn." She kissed my neck, gently.

"No problem." I tried my best not to fall down after her action. My legs felt numb by her gentle touch.

What is this girl doing to me? And when did I start to feel this way?

****

"Goodluck, Shawn!" Elyssa kissed my cheek and put her hair to the side. She's wearing a wig; I don't get why though.  She doesn't like it when people stare at her. Trust me, I hate it, too. But she feels insecure when she sees girls with long hair.

I hug her from behind. She wiped her tears away and continues to look at herself in the mirror,  but, now , I'm in the reflection.  Her eyes softened when we lock eyes at the reflection.

"Why did I have to get Leukemia,  Shawn." She sniffled.

I tried my best not to cry. I'm supoose to be strong for her.