Ten

"What the hell do you mean he's back!" She scrunched her nose in frustration. I love how she clenches her fists and scrunches up her nose when she's mad, it's adorable.

I couldn't help but lean in and kiss her nose to ease her. Her shoulders let go and she gave a small smile.

"I'm guessing. He wouldn't just come back for a quick visit. I remember his family having money issues."

"But I don't want him here."

"You sound like a spoiled little 5-year-old." I tease.

"Well I'm not." She spits.

"Oh well okay then." I raise my hands in surrender and she sighs.

"I'm sorry it's just I've hate him since you told me about him when we were kids and, and-"

"Hey!" I try to lighten the mood. "It's fine, babe. Don't worry."

I rub her arms and pull her in to lay on my chest. I kiss the top of her head and I can feel her smile on my chest.

"I really care of your safety, Shawn." Elyssa states.

"I know, I know." I sigh.

"Let's just..not even think about that."

She nods her head. Her arms around me tighten and I didn't care of my safety in that moment. All I was thinking was how comfortable it feels to have her with me, caring for me and comforting me.

"Why don't I sing a song?" I suggest.
Right when I had said that, her head shot up I excitement and she jumped off to grab the guitar.

"Aren't you a quicky." I tease and she playfully punched my arm.

"What song, beautiful." I look up from fixing the strings. Her brown eyes could never look more beautiful.

"Sing to me Who You Are!" She claps her hands together. "I just love how you sing that, Shawn."

I laugh and agree to her choice.

I begin to play the first note and see the small goosebumps on her arms. As I looked at her while saying the first lyrics, she smiles in satisfaction.

"I stare at my reflection in the mirror:

'Why am I doing this to myself?'

Losing my mind on a tiny error,

I nearly left the real me on the shelf.

No, no, no, no, no..."

This reminds me on how she began to act so different when she was 13/14. She began to feel so insecure at the time, hating all the girls that passed by her. She was always so mad how they had hair and she didn't, how they didn't have cancer and she did. For a while she didn't talk to anybody but me. That time she always gave a big rant about how God likes to punish people he hates and how she's tired of wearing the wigs her parents bought her so that people would stop staring at her in the streets. But either way they would still give strange looks at her as she walked by. Those two years were hell for her because she always and only thought about the negativity and she wasn't herself at all and almost lost the close relationship she had with her mom.

"Don't lose who you are in the blur of the stars.

Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,

It's okay not to be okay.

Sometimes it's hard to follow your heart.

Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,

Just be true to who you are."

She always had a passion for soccer and didn't play it anymore because her excuse was that she had cancer. I remember her telling me that when she survives cancer, she wants to become a professional soccer player like the ones she's sees and hears about. I would always encourage her but she lost all hope the time she became so depressed at the ages of 13 and 14.

She did cry those times and I can never forget that whole week, the whole 168 hours, when she didn't want to talk to me either. That week she was just alone. I cried that week too because I didn't really understand why she was acting this way, but now I'm 16 and I'm closer to her than I ever was about a year and a half ago.

"Yes, no, egos, fake shows, like whoa!

Just go and leave me alone!

Real talk, real life, good love, goodnight,

With a smile that's my home!

That's my home, no...

No, no, no, no, no..."

But at the end of the year of 2012, I had this moment where I finally had it. That seeing her so down made me sad myself so I went to her house in the middle of the night and talked to her.

Telling her that the reason God created her having cancer at the age of 6 was because he wanted us to get along and that if she never got cancer, we would still hate each other like we did at little kids.

I had told her that as crazy and messed up as it sounds, in a way I'm glad that she has cancer because I get to have big hope on something to go away. That she can be the only girl who looks beautiful while bald. I told her that I loved it when she just didn't care.
To finish it all off for her, I told her that we should for now on not care what the people say.

That was another pinky promise we made and we've been keeping that promise still now.

I finished the song off with a little more strumming and as soon as I placed the guitar back on its little stand, Elyssa jumped onto me and smiled so big. I poke at her one little dimple that she has and she smacks it away.

"Feisty!" I laugh.

"I love you so much, Shawn." She leans her forehead against mine.

"I know." I say.

"Don't be so cocky you bastard!" She thumps my head.

"I love you more, Elyssa." I laugh.

______

This was just a little filler to keep you guys updated because I've been a little busy ! And plus my old phone wasn't working and shit so I didn't have anywhere else to write the chapters until I got a new phone soooo..
Hope you guys liked this little, cute, adorable, chapter bc tbh I did ALOT . I like putting adorable parts and I can imagine Shawn doing these kinds of actions to his girlfriend .
Please vote and comment and I will post another chapter as fast as I can !😊
Love you allllll babes 🙈💕