O N E

BRIE'S P.O.V  | 6:00 am - Friday

"Brianna we're leaving soon!!" My mom yelled from the downstairs

"Ok, mom I'll be right down!!" I yelled back

I grabbed my last box full of all my books. I went downstairs and took one last look around. Memories of me and my sister playing around came to mind.

Me and my sister were always close as kids but as we grew older we realized we were completely different. She was the outgoing and fun twin. I was the shy and antisocial twin.

But me and my sister are close. We're twins so what can you expect. She's basically my best friend, my partner in crime. She's supports me with my decisions and I do the same for her.

"Hey Brie you almost ready?" I turn and see my beautiful sister. She was always the better looking one.

"Yeah I just wanted to look at this place one last time" I sighed

"Oh Brie I'm gonna miss this place too" she came up and wrapped her arm around my shoulder

"So many memories. Both so good yet so bad" I looked down thinking about our dad

He was an alcoholic and he was a violent yet loving man. On the days when he wasn't drunk, he would actually acknowledge us. He would go from being the most scariest man alive to the most loving and caring father of all time.

"Hey but guess what? We get to start over again. We get to have a second chance Brie. We get to have a new house, new school, new friends. We get to create new memories" she said leaning her head against mine

"Yeah but we're moving to a whole new state? I'm scared Nikki" I confess

"Hey don't worry. I'm here for you. Now come on we have a long day ahead of us" she said and walked out well more like strut out

•••

I sighed and walked outside to the truck. They've been coming and going all week. Going back and forth from Arizona to Florida. Our mom decided it would be a good bonding experience for us if we drove.

The drive was long, like HELLA long. I gave my box to one of the moving guys smiling at him. I'm not gonna lie if that box goes missing I will literally file a complaint or sue with no hesitation. I CANNOT live without my books.

I then walked up to my moms' car where my sister was having a conversation with her now ex-boyfriend.

"I'm gonna miss you Nikki. Good luck in Tampa" he smiled

I mentally rolled my eyes. This dude is such a fake. He was always so mean to me when Nikki wasn't around.

He was one reason I was glad we were moving.

"Thanks Jay" she smiled hugging him

He walked away not even acknowledging me as always. I made sure to shoulder check him as I walked past him. I leaned against the car where he was next to my sister.

"Are you really gonna miss him?" I asked

She chuckled "a little. He was a douche to you and others but he was a handsome douche" she said making me chuckle

"Where's mom?" I asked

"She's next door saying bye to Mrs.Robinson"

I nodded my head. She was a cool lady. Her dogs are so adorable.

"I'm gonna miss this place" I sighed

"Yeah me too" she nodded her head in agreement

A few minutes later mom came back wiping some tears away. We climbed into the car and started to drive. I sat in the back while Nikki sat in the front.

I had my earphones in scrolling through Pinterest. The ride was peaceful in my opinion. My mom had a small smile on her face and so did Nikki.

At least the most important people in my life were happy.

A FEW HOURS LATER

I woke up to someone lightly shaking me. I look and see Nikki. I noticed that it was already dark and we were in a parking lot.

"Come on Brie mom got us a room" she smiled

I unbuckled and got out of the car stretching. I grabbed the backpack I had with me and linked arms with Nikki. We walked into the hotel.

"Dude my phone is already at 2 percent" she complained

I looked at mines it was a 50%

"Everyone was blowing up my phone killing my damn battery" she said making me chuckle

We made it up to the room and I went straight to the bathroom. I took a nice warm shower. After I was finished I jumped next to Nikki on one of the beds.

"Hey Nikki?" I said making her turn her phone off

"Yeah?"

"What if I don't make any friends?" I said sadly making her chuckle

"Don't worry Brie you will. You're an amazing person I'm sure everyone will love you. Plus you have me"

"But what if none of your friends like me?"

"Then they can suck my dick" she said making me laugh

"No really what if they don't?"

"Then I'll drop them all. You're my sister Brie. If nobody wants to be friends with you then nobody's gonna be friends with me"

"No, Nikki don't do that"

"No for reals. You're my twin and my best friend. If someone has a problem with you then they got problems with me too"

She hugged me then kissed my head. She got up and walked to the bathroom. I couldn't help but smile at what she said.

Maybe this won't be so bad after all.

•••

3/31/2020

I'm baaaaack :)