Chapter 2

Your pov.

You sigh, as you block out David. He goes on about something next to the flag pole, the small boy who "greeted" you earlier was standing next to him on a phone that doesn't seem like his at all, it was pink with a pine tree on it. Quickly you realize that it's not his after all, it's more then likely davids. After what felt like forever (2 minutes) of David rambling he gets to something your interested in. "Every camper shares a tent with some one else. And since two campers don't share, Nurf, because of behavioral issues, and max, You will be sharing a tent with max!" David explained
"What." Max said, clearly not to excited for this.
"I'm sharing with a boy?" I quickly asked.
"Oh come on guys it will be fun! If you are truly hate it after one week, I will switch Neil with (y/n), and she will share with Nikki!" David said, clearly thinking this will work.

Davids Pov.

I talk about my days at camp Campbell and what the flag means and a few other things. When I'm done I remember that (y/n) will have to share a tent with nurf or Max. The obvious answer is max. Maybe he will open up more with a companion! So I inform (y/n) and max  "Every camper shares a tent with some one else. And since two campers don't share, Nurf, because of behavioral issues, and max, You will be sharing a tent with max!" They didn't enjoy that news to much.
"What." Max said sharply
"I'm sharing with a boy?" (Y/n) quickly added
"Oh come on guys it will be fun! If you are truly hate it after one week, I will switch Neil with (y/n), and she will share with Nikki!" I said, barging with them.
"Fine." (Y/n) complied after a few seconds of thinking, max looked at her surprised. I was a little surprised to, I'm used to kids arguing until they rip each other up. Literally.
"What?" Max said
"It's only for a week. And. Besides he's the authority here, it's not like we have much of a choice." (Y/n) explained
...
...
SOME ONE THINKS OF ME AS AN AUTHORITY FIGURE?! This was the best moment in my Camp Cambell counciling history! But max looked at her in shock.

Your Pov.

You pick up your violin case and swing your (f/c) bag over your shoulder "so where's our tent max?" You ask, he still looked at you shocked 'does no one think of David as the authority figure' you thought to yourself. Quickly max collected himself. "Right over here." He led you to a tent at the end and you let yourself in placing down your bag and case.
"How good are you?" Max casually asked
"At...?" You responded
"The violin. What did you think I meant, dumbass"
"Oh! Well I'm not horrible but definitely not first place winner." You explain
"Hmm. Mind if I try to play something? I haven't played in a while but I still know the basics"  he asked
"Oh of course! But it may need tuning"
Max walks to your case and grabs your violin, plucking at a string then turning the fine tuner a bit. You proceed to rosin the bow, and hand it to him, he plays this beautifully sorrowful melody. You never heard it before but you could tell he had a few notes off tune, and the instrument its self was a little flat.
"M-max that was beautiful" you say as he finishes.
"Whatever. " he hands you your violin. back and looks away.  "We should probably go to the camps activities, you will  need your violin"
You nod and pack up your violin as you follow him, you look over at him, and he looks back at you.
"What do you want?" He asks
"Nothing" you simply respond
"Whatever, loser"
You both look forward again, and you can't stop thinking of that tune max played
You hum it under your breath.