Chapter Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

When lunch came they ate together with the rest of the squad and even Samantha joined in.

"Sam please we're begging, join the squad. Kylie is making practices brutal. They are worst than ever." The girls whined all having their best interpretation of a puppy dog face on. Kylie smiled to herself knowing the girls were in the best shape of their lives, and for that she will never apologize.

"Seriously, they were brutal when I was there. You really putting them through hell just because they kicked me out?" Sam turned to Kylie in disbelief. Kylie smiled slightly. “They had every right to do so. I was the one who kind of stole your boyfriend." Anthony looked at the ground in silence not wanting to look at Kylie in the face.

"Hey listen to me. I don't hate you guys. I don't like the way you did it, but you opened my eyes. Don't torment yourselves over nothing." Kylie kept eating peacefully realizing that she meant everything she just said.

"Oh my gosh, Kylie is in love." Sam said over-dramatically. Kylie quickly chocked on her food and started coughing. She lifted her head shaking it from side to side. This only made the girls ask even more questions. "I was wondering why you let this go so easily when any normal girl would be crying hysterically over me." Anthony said getting a laugh from everyone.

Lunch after that was anything but  peaceful. The questions almost made Kylie blurt out that she was indeed in love, with a girl. With a girl that made her happy. With a girl who brightens her day just hearing her voice.

~~~~~

Kylie walked inside the house wanting to hug her girl. Once again Alex had not answered her phone nor was anywhere to be seen. She didn't want to, but she pictured Alexandria holding Melissa again. This of course made her run outside to confirm it. Her heart seemed to slow down as she looked around not seeing neither of the girls.

When Kylie decided to give up the search she heard someone playing a guitar and singing. The music drew her in until she found the source and spotted her girl walking on the roof with a guitar as she was finishing a song.

~~~~~ Alex – Por Amor al Arte ~~~~~

Por amor al arte

dejaron de escribirse historias para contarte

se secaron los mares de sueños para despertarte

por amor al arte

la noche se hizo de día

borrando la oscura sombría de tu soledad.”

(For the love of art

stories Ceased to be written to tell you 

The sea of dreams died to wake you

for the love of art

the night became day

deleting the dark grim of your loneliness)

Her face came to mind. She looked so beautiful even as a faint memory. Dad looked at her the way I look at Kylie. I saw it in his eyes that he would always protect her from anyone and anything. They were perfect for each other. 'You think we can ever be as happy as they were?' I don't know but I sure hope so.