Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen 

                                         ~~~~~ Alex - Fighting Authority ~~~~~ 

I couldn't follow her. She was gone when I got outside. No trace of her was left. Kylie was gone. 

I messed it up. Somehow I always manage to screw things up. No matter how hard I try, I always mess things up, and this time is no different. 

The rumors are spreading like a the great plague with great speed and leaving nothing but destruction and lies. Everyone was either talking about my almost kiss with Ismael, or Kylie's break up.  

She came to me for support, and I almost kissed Ismael. She needed a friend and I screwed up. Kylie crying is the image that has been hunting in my mind.  

She didn't come to creative writing. I didn't see the back of her beautiful head. I couldn't smell her intoxicating smell. I didn't see her eyes. She simply wasn't there to get me through the day.  

The halls are empty as I walk through them. The bell rang about five minutes ago, but I can't manage to get my head right. My mind simply won't stop thinking of Kylie. Everyone was already in class either dying if boredom or ready to learn things that they might or might not need to know. That is, everyone except Kylie and I. She disappeared, and I don't know if shell come back or not. 

"Kylie where are you?" I whisper softly begging for an answer. Something that can guide me to her, anything. 

"This just in, it seems that a man is on the top of the old Parker warehouse threatening to jump. The name of the man is still being investigated." 

I walked over to the open door and looked inside the current events classroom out of pure curiosity. A TV was in the front of the classroom displaying the local news with footage of the man on the roof top. Students listened attentively as they took notes over the matter. 

A reporter is seen next to the warehouse. She's dressed professionally in a black skirt suit holding the microphone in one hand and papers in the other. The wind blows her hair into her face but she keeps her cool and keeps on broadcasting. 

"Wait a minute is that a girl?" she says putting the papers above her eyes so she can see better. "Ladies and gentlemen it seems that there is a young girl in a cheer leading uniform also on top of the roof. How did they get on top of the roof? The door is sealed. No one has been in there since it was closed 5 years ago." The reporter pointed to the roof where the girl was sitting down. The camera zoomed to the spot the reporter pointed and stopped when the image was clear. 

I instantly froze. The image displayed Kylie sitting down on the rooftop talking to a man. My knees got weak as I watched the image in pure horror. Kylie is on top of a roof top, with a man who was threatening to jump. Is she out of her mind? 

The moment of weakness lasted only seconds. I snapped out of it and ran as fast as my legs allowed me. The discomfort of my gym bag and backpack could to an extent be avoided, but only for a few moments. 

I remember seeing the warehouse when driving with Cassandra a few days ago when she was giving me the details of our new arrangement. She had said that the city was a beautiful place, but when seeing the abandon warehouse, it proved to show other wise. 

Cars honk and the angry drivers yell as I ran pass them not waiting for the light to turn. I avoid getting run over and keep running. The ones who are walking look at me weirdly as I pass them by but that still doesn't stop me. Nothing can stop me right now. Kylie's my priority, she has to be ok. She just has to be ok.