Warning

After Elizabeth left around six and Estarossa came home I could hear them discussing something from downstairs. I knew it was me and groaned inwardly. They were already discussing me and it was only the first week here.

I was hungry and I ignored the fear in the pit of my stomach and left to go get an apple from the kitchen. Unfortunately they were in the living room and the kitchen is connected to it. I just kept walking past them in hopes they would ignore me but as I reached for an apple they said "Meliodas." And I jumped. I fell over and cursed at them silently. I stood up to leave with my apple and then they said "Wait."

I rolled my eyes and sat down. "Elizabeth told me that the sins started picking on you." Zeldris explained.

"So?" I signed. "I'm just gonna ignore them."

"That's not what we want to say." Estarossa said, arms crossed.

Zeldris grabbed my arm and pulled up my jumper sleeves. "See these." He jabbed my wrists. "They better stay like this or else."

I snatched my arm back and walked upstairs, slamming my door angrily. Instead of breaking things, I smiled. 'Jeez, they couldn't even wait to see if they kept at it.' I huffed. 'Its only been one day.' I ate my apple and realised it was late. I got changed and climbed into bed.

When I woke up I got changed, brushed my hair, believe it or not, and walked into the kitchen to have breakfast. Zeldris was sitting there, eating MY pancakes. I ran up and pushed him off the chair. I stole the pancakes and ran out the door smirking.

I ate the food and and left for school. On the way I ran into Ban. He called out "You hoo! Freak! Where ya going? A mental hospital?" I kept walking while Ban trailed behind calling insults.

I tried to ignore him at break and lunch but he found me in a tree at lunchtime. "Hey freak! Whatcha up to?"

I gestured to my lunch slightly. It was balanced on my lap.

"Oh, lunch? Can I have some?" Ban laughed and snatched my lunch away. I tried to climb down to get it but Diane shook the tree making me fall and land on my ankle, twisting it. They all laughed, Ban especially. After laughing at me they all left. But first they called me names. He dumped all of my lunch on the ground making it inedible. I stood up and smiled slightly, feeling the pain in my ankle. I picked up my lunch box and limped to class.

After class on the way home they picked on me, calling me names like freak and weirdo and stupid.

I ran home that day. I ran home, past the kitchen, past Zeldris and Estarossa, and shut my bedroom door. I took out my violin and played for a full hour.

When I eventually came downstairs Elizabeth was here. She was sitting talking with Zeldris and another girl. I sat on the purple beanbag and opened up a book to write in when Zeldris noticed me. "Hey Meli. How's school?" He asked.

"Fine." I smiled.

"Uh huh." He was busy talking to this girl I didn't know. Elizabeth came and sat next to me.

"Hi." She said, beaming at me. "Whatcha doing?" She said trying to peek at my book.

I shut it quickly. "Nothing." She nodded. "Who's that?" I asked.

"Oh that's my cousin, Gerharde. She moved here a month ago. Same age as Zeldris."

I moved closer to Elizabeth. "Don't tell him this, but looking at them now I kinda ship it." I said.

Elizabeth giggled into her sleeve. "I do too. They've been talking all day. I got left out so I'm pretty bored."

"Come with me." I grabbed her hand and we ran away. I led her to a room and opened the door. Inside was a music room. There was a piano, keyboard, xylophone, acoustic, electric and bass guitars, double bass, viola, violin, drums, trumpets, trumbones, tubas and a recording booth. Oh and a microphone.

She stood, awed. "Can you play?" I asked. She nodded, pointing at the piano. "Try it out. I'll be right back." I ran upstairs and grabbed my violin then ran back downstairs and into the music room. She was pretty good. I startled her when I came in.

She gasped and said "That's beautiful!" When she saw my violin. It was a dark brown shiny wood and both the bow and the violin had Meliodas engraved on it in swirly writing.

"Thanks. Do you know Titanium?" I said. She nodded and I said "then let's duet okay?" She nodded again and we began to play. It was amazing. After that we played other songs until Elizabeth had to leave.

As she was leaving she asked me "Do you want to sit with me tomorrow?"

"Sure." I said and when she left I felt happy. I hopefully avoided being bullied for a day.

Behind The Smileजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें