LS - Prologue ~ Dodgey Buisness

Dedicated to LittleElfin as she helped me with the cover, which is Awesome!!! She is also an amazing writer and author on wattpad :)))

Keep Writing MiniMoi

♥♥♥

|~ Prologue

~ Him ~

"Ten grand," His voice answered the desperate voice on the other end of the receiver. He placed his free hand on the stubble on his face,bored out of his mind. Rick listened to the pleas and cries of the desperate mans voice, about how he cannot afford to pay that much as he was broke and Blah... Blah... Blah...

He hit the 'end call' button, he didn't want to listen to the pathetic excuse. He wanted his money back and what he wants he gets... even if it means people get hurt or die...

He already had people tracking down the desperate little man and where he lived to make sure he didn't do a runner. He also had people on another pathetic excuse of a human:

Zach Taylor.

********************************************************************************

~ Mike Hayes ~

The desperate man on the other end of the phone finally realized that he had hung up and then hit the button as well. Sighing, he pulled his hands through his greying hair and rested his head in his hands. He had no idea how to explain his dilemma to his 18 year old daughter Maya, and his 20 year old son Aaron, plus his new wife Sarah. There was also Maya's ex-boyfriend Joe, who was Sarah's son from a previous marriage. He didn't want the money they were going to offer him to pay his debt.

He had only borrowed about one grand or so to buy new kitchen tools and equipment. He didn't expect it to go up to ten grand in a month. He paced the small room he was in, as he waited for Joe to arrive with his pain-killers. He had become addicted on pain-killers ever since he had hurt his back while fitting a kitchen. He was a desperate man with money problems and these tablets were helping him get through that, his body and himself needed them tablets to carry on with life.

The man's step-son: Joe Smith had finally arrived with the pain-killers. Desperate to get the pills Mike jumped on the teens back. However, of course Joe does not just hand over the pills straight away. No, he liked to taunt his step dad first and then ask for money before handing the pills over, which pissed Mike off.

"JOE!!! Stop playing these stupid games here's the £2:50 for you! Now gimme my effing pills!!" Mike yelled at his step-son, while Joe just laughed at the desperate old man in front of him.

"Oh Mike... Mike... Mike... Mum would not be happy!! Tut Tut!" Joe taunted holding the pills away from the man.

"Fine... I will beg, will that make you happy and hand over my pain-killers," Mike got down on his knees and started begging like a dog to the 19 year old. His step-dads begging brown eyes bore into his step-sons harsh piercing green his dark brown hair slightly falling over his cold eyes (but he could still see).

"Oh Mike... You do make me laugh!! You will do literally anything to get your hands on these won't you?" Laughed Joe, and he threw the box of pain-killers to the other side of the room and watched the pathetic desperate man stumble trying to get them.

---

Once Joe and gone, Mike shoved two of the pills as fast as he could into his mouth, swallowing hard. He sighed as he relaxed slumping against the wall closet to him. He felt at ease as the pills were washed down with some water he had lying on the desk that was close by.

His eyes rolled close as he sat on the floor. Mike felt refreshed and ready to fit the kitchen that he had promised his neighbour he would replace. He got up and decided to stop pleasuring on the pills and get the kitchen fitted before he would take another couple.

Mike decided to leave the money debt problem behind him as he would sort it, it was just a question of when he would sort it? Or would he leave it and forget about it? Or would he go to the extreme and get his wive an insurance over his limb body?

********************************************************************************

~ Maya Hayes ~

Maya's light brown hair hugged her shoulders as she walked her younger cousin to the park, unaware that he was staring at her leaning against the door of the warehouse that her dad was in taking drugs.

Maya didn't know about her dads drug addiction, nor did she know about the Loan Shark. Her brother knew about Mike's addiction but was lead to believe that it was over, but he also did not know about Mike's huge debt. Maya was lead into the crowded park by her eight year old cousin Emma who desperately wanted Maya to watch do the monkey bars (which she had just learnt how to do).

"You're sooo slow!!" Emma laughed as she pulled the older girl towards the frame. Still unaware of being watched Maya followed her cousin over. She watched as the younger girl climbed up and swung from the bars.

---

"FUCK!!!" Maya screamed as she watched Emma do the monkey for the fourth time. He had grabbed her waist, causing he to scream and cuss as he frightened her. Her usually warm brown eyes, were now cold and hard like his as she glared at the man that had moved to stand in front of her.

"What do you want Joe? We are OVER!! It would be weird if we still went out as our parents married and I don't care if we are not blood related I do not love you anymore!!" She spoke to him nonchalantly, as she watched his every move, unaware that Emma was now playing on the swings.

"Fine, but just you wait, you will come round - even if I have to force you to myself!! And you know that I will, and you know you will get hurt... badly!!" Joe threatened still deeply in love with the girl that was now his step-sister, "But you will love me!" Joe stormed off in the opposite direction out of the park.

Maya gulped, afraid of what he might do to her. She stood there for a few moments before frantically looking around for Emma who was now on the climbing frame, and walked over to sit on the bench near-by.

_____________________________________________________________________

Soooo.... What do you think??

Please comment (and vote) and let me know what you think and if I should carry on with the story!!

Thank You

KeeKee_96

xx