PART 15

[Edited: 28/1/20]

✝†✝

Third POV

Catherine felt distressed as they waited for Muzaka. Frankenstein already contacted him about the issue but the werewolf hasn't given them any news. Takeo thought that there's no guarantee the ex-lord of werewolf knows anything about M-21 whereabouts, but he knew Muzaka is their last option and couldn't do anything but to wait.

The noble female glanced at the two modified humans. They have become very close with M-21 since they had the same past experience, their past has made a strong bond between them. Takeo and Tao's faces are paler and worried, you could feel their anxiousness from afar.

They are not the only ones who are worried. Raizel and Frankenstein have a blank look on their faces but Catherine knew that they could hide their true feelings well. She sees right through them like an open book.

Frankenstein has a little glare on his eyes as he stared at nothing, she guessed he is angry at someone and knowing him, he won't let this incident go that quickly. Catherine moved her gaze to her mate who is sitting down quietly. Other people may say that he's calm but Catherine knew he's far from that. The connection she has with him proves that he's worried about M-21's well-being.

The female noble thought the possibility of who captured M-21. It could be the werewolves but from the last image, M-21 didn't seem to be forced. Catherine thought the werewolf could've blackmailed M-21 but she can't jump into conclusions straight away. There are too many possibilities for what really happened with M-21.

Although she can't help to think that this is related to the Union since it has been quiet for so long. She conveyed her thoughts immediately, "Do you think the Union involved in this?"

Catherine made her face as neutral as possible as she waited for any of them to answer her question. The atmosphere in the room was tense, she just wants to make the others calm down by making her reaction emotionless like Raizel; to show that there's nothing to worry about.

"I am not quite sure, my lady," Tao answered for the vampire after a long thought, "But it's possible."

It doesn't settle her down but she accepted the answer with an understanding nod before silence took in. That is until Frankenstein sighed, "We should go to him, I don't like wasting our time while my guy is being taken."

✝†✝

Catherine listened carefully as Frankenstein conversed with Muzaka although her eyes were set on the crushed building beside them. From how destroyed the building is, her worry towards M-21 intensified. She also noticed that whoever took M-21 didn't care about humans since they literally crushed a building in the middle of the town.

"Telling me to take responsibility just because someone from my clan was there when your companion disappeared—if that isn't unreasonable, then what is?" Muzaka said with a glare.

Frankenstein is not affected by it as he said blankly, "They were at least here with him. They should know what happened to my guy if they were with him. At least, they would know who took him away."

The werewolf breathed out, "It's not that I don't understand why you're doing this, but I'm not the Lord of the werewolves anymore. There's no reason for me to take responsibility just because my people are involved."