PART 17

[Edited: 11/2/20]

✝†✝

Third POV

Catherine stared at Raizel with worry and confusion. The pain formed and started to grow in her chest, it felt awfully familiar for her. Despite the pain, she could also felt that the connection between her and Frankenstein has begun fading. Placing a hand on her chest, she somehow hoped it could ease it.

"What is happening?" Catherine worriedly asked, "Are we losing him?"

The Noblesse stared back at her, shaking his head in confusion. He is as confused as she is. He went to try their connection to find out what happened to Frankenstein. He is sure of one thing, "It is related to his dark power."

"It trying to consume him, isn't it?" She asked knowingly.

"He always has a hard time trying to control it," Raizel trailed off, diving deeper into the connection but the dark power fought it, "I'm calling him now, but I think he can't hear me."

Knowing what Raizel needed, Catherine focused on the connection between her and Frankenstein. As she is finally doing it, the dark force that has been holding Raizel's connection loosened, trying to fight her back as well. It gives a chance for her companion to contact Frankenstein.

Since she is more focused on the bond, she feels that Frankenstein is panicking. When Raizel called out for him, he answered unsurely, "Master?!"

"Frankenstein, can we continue to trust you?" Raziel asked Frankenstein mentally while his eyes stayed on Catherine, "We left the rest to you because we trusted you. But you are in a dangerous state right now. So, I'm going to ask you. Can we leave the rest to you and go to M-21?"

Frankenstein didn't give an answer or response, it instantly made both nobles more worried. Catherine asked, "Frankenstein?"

Of course Master, Mistress." Frankenstein replied, his tone is more confident then something changed in the bond. Catherine is skeptical when the dark force didn't fight back anymore, "I'm sorry to look this way in front of both of you. Leave it to me, right till the end."

Catherine was surprised by how The Noblesse agreed so quickly, "Very well."

The female noble wordlessly watched Raizel as he smiled almost sadly. "Then as always, I'll trust you."

Raizel grabbed his companion's hand then started to run again. Catherine managed to give her words to Frankenstein before the contact got cut off, "Be careful, Frankenstein."

✝†✝

"Judging from how noisy it is outside, they must really be going at it." A black short-haired woman spoke to herself as she typed her data into the computer, "It is really a shame that I have to leave here sooner than I expected. There's still more to obtain here."

Ignes flinched and froze, her eyes widened when she felt strong-familiar energy by the door. She soon heard footsteps and she knew immediately that it's the Noblesse. But what she didn't expect was when she felt the second strong energy following the Noblesse.

Ignes look over the door, she found with two people standing by it. The man was standing in front of the woman rather protectively, their blank stare made Ignes nervous before quickly masked it with a welcoming smile.