twenty two.

A WAR PRAYER ECHOED IN HER HEAD, THE SOUND OF WAR DRUMS BEATING WITH THE HEART OF A DEFIANT EARTH SPREADING THROUGHOUT THE FOREST

A WAR PRAYER ECHOED IN HER HEAD, THE SOUND OF WAR DRUMS BEATING WITH THE HEART OF A DEFIANT EARTH SPREADING THROUGHOUT THE FOREST. Her wounds ached and the black spots in her vision grew with every blink Nela made, but standing just feet away from the skaikru's camp made it worth it. She sat on a log near Anya and Tristan, sharpening her spearhead.

The warrior had a variety of weapons on her person, ranging from a bow and quiver to a short sword to her spear. Nela was ready for war, she was ready to take out as many sky people as she could. Today would mark the day she finally would have a victory. Her head turned to John Murphy, who managed to get himself captured. Again.

She shook her head at him, amused grey eyes peeking over the black cloth covering the rest of her face. Her eyes flickered from him to Anya, whose face was less than amused. After the argument between them, she had reluctantly let Nela come — on the condition that she'd be by her side the entire fight. Tristan chatted with Salem, comparing their kill marks. Thesda had tied Murphy up to a tree and was talking to him in a hushed tone, her hands searching his body for anything that could help them.

"Nela," she said suddenly, tossing a black rectangle towards her. "Murphy says this is a communication device. We can hear everything they speak about."

The blonde caught the device easily, flipping it over in her hands curiously. It was an unfamiliar piece of technology, but if what Thesda said was true, it could be the game changer. She looked at Anya and handed it to her. "It's all yours."

Nela looked back to Murphy, who looked less than pleased about being captured. "What'd you do this time?"

His eyes clicked with understanding, face thankful to hear his mother tongue. "I got my revenge."

Grey eyes rolled at the boy's dramatics as she turned away from him. The box that Anya had grabbed had now been handed to Tristan, who listened intently to the panicked voices of the sky people. Their plan was working, as gunshots rang throughout the forest, hitting empty targets. Suddenly, an explosion rang through the trees.

"Raven, our mines actually worked!"

Nela's eyes flared with anger as she looked quickly at Anya. She nodded to Tristan, who angrily drew a knife and stormed towards the sky boy tied up to the tree. Every single grounder around turned their heads to watch the action as the general jabbed the knife into Murphy quicker than anyone could blink.