"Disliked him enough to kill him?" The man with the goatee was now piping up. God, I wanted to smash both their heads in so badly.

"I have already answered that." I sighed. "This is pointless. I disliked him but definitely not enough to kill him. Besides, you have arrested me based on absolutely no evidence what so ever. What you have here is a shit show, it's not professional and my girlfriend is back at home, scared because she doesn't have a clue what's going on." I tried to stay calm under their watchful stares.

The two men looked at each other quickly before the bald man laid his hands on the table and stood up with authority.

"We will be back in two minutes." He stated before the two men walked out of the room.

"Fucking great." I muttered under my breath.

The minutes ticked by and I knew the men were gone longer than they said they would be. I laid my hands in to my pocket and sat back.

My finger fiddled with the metal in my jeans pocket, reminding me where my feet were planted.

I just had to get out of here.

The longer I was in here, the more I was itching to get out. There was something I needed to do, something I needed for my sanity.

I couldn't take this any longer.

Soon, the men came back in to the room. The bald head looked to me but with a resigned look, he told me to leave.

"You May be back for questioning and a later date but for now, you're free."

"About time." I said as my glare was aimed at the two men. If they saw the look, they didn't retaliate.

I got up from my seat and almost ran out of the police station. I had no way of getting home. I grabbed my phone and opened it, I was going to get a lift off Glenn but before I could ring him, someone was barrelling forward and in to my arms as I stood just outside of the police station.

I smelt Cathy's fresh scent and as I realised it was her in my arms, I gathered her up and pulled her even closer. I laid my nose in to her hair, not wanting to ever let her go again.

"So much has happened." She sobbed against my chest. My heart broke every time I saw her cry. She was so strong and she didn't deserve anything that life gave her. I wanted to change it, I wanted to make her forget and for her to finally be happy.

I was going to make it my life's mission.

"I know, baby." I was going to make you happy, Cathy. "I've got you." I soothed as I smoothed her hair beneath my fingers.

"I've been so scared." She breathed. "I just want everything the way it was before."

"And it will be." I promised. "Just stop crying, Cathy. I can't seem to think when you're crying, you're just breaking me in two."

"I'm sorry." She moved her head to look at me. I wiped her tears with the pad of my thumb and she leaned in to my touch.

"I wish you knew how much I love you." I said. "I wish you could feel just how badly I need you."