"Harry?"

I turned around at the sound of her voice. She had just woken up, it was easily understandable by how messy the braid she had tied her hair into the previous night was, and by how she wasn't wearing any makeup. But then again, she hadn't used makeup much in the past few days. I wondered why, not because she needed it of course, but because she seemed to like it. The white light made her eyes brown, but I knew that they were of a lighter colour usually, more gold-ish. One of my shirts, a white one, was hugging her body, too big for her, a pretty contrast to her dark hair.

"Hi" I said closing the window, not wanting her to get sick because of the cold.

"How are you? You seem tired" she said stepping closer to me, her nude feet on the marble floor.

I bit my lower lip. "I didn't sleep much, but don't worry about it."

"Have you had a nightmare?" She asked again, reaching me and hugging me, her head resting against my chest.

Something like that. I didn't need to close my eyes to be haunted by nightmares.

"Kind of" I said hugging her as well, the faint perfume of her hair invading my nostrils. I blinked a few times to drive away some tears, that I didn't even know why were there, before they could be noticed.

"Have you had breakfast yet?" She murmured into my shirt.

"I just woke up" I whispered. A little white lie wouldn't have hurt anyone.

"How are you feeling today?" She asked again.

Empty.

Worthless.

Guilty.

A mixture of feelings that for some reason to me unknown, made me feel nothing. But it was a bad nothing, heaving down on my seemingly empty chest, nothing and everything in it. Wanting me to run away, but keeping my feet anchored to the ground. Restless but motionless, hurting but empty, the emptiness itself hurting as well, everything covered by an apparent impossibility to feel. Not feeling good, but not being rationally able to pinpoint why.

"I'm fine." What was the point in saying I wasn't? I never was.

She nodded, and walked to the kitchen. "Liam asked if we want to go out for lunch today."

"I like Liam" I said following her, looking at how she undid her braid, her dark hair reaching halfway through her back.

"Is that so?" She asked turning to me, smiling. I liked her smile. Whenever she smiled, her golden eyes twinkled of happiness, and it was beautiful. She was beautiful.

I couldn't help but crack out a little smile as well, even though I knew it wouldn't have reached by eyes. Hopefully, she wouldn't have minded. "He's very calming."

"That's true. Niall is the complete opposite, always there making jokes and being so loud." She let out a little airy laugh. "Sorry, I'm getting sidetracked, aren't I?"

"I like listening to you" I admitted truthfully, leaning against the counter, sipping at the tea she had just made out of habit, forgetting that I had told her that I preferred to have coffee in the mornings. Not that I would've ever pointed it out, though.

She gave me a surprised glance. "You never told me that."

"I'm telling you now" I said, leaning in to leave a fast kiss on her lips.

• • •

"Alright" she said once she had parked the car.