t w o

*in the pensive*
                    Two years before the war
[im writing the story as if it were happening in that time. Not from Ginny's point of view]

November, Hermione Granger was in her 5th year at Hogwarts. She spent a lot of her time in the Astronomy tower staring at the Autumn leaves, or the night sky.

The year before had taken a toll on her. She was good friends with Cedric Diggory, who she saw lying on the ground dead.

Every time she thinks about him, she feels like she can't breathe. Tears well up in her eyes, but she wouldn't ever let them peak through.

Footsteps catch her attention. She turns to see who is coming. Grey eyes meet her warm brown ones and she has a surprised face, then goes back to looking at the view.

"Granger," Draco said to her as she turned back around. He looked at her and how she wasn't leaving.

"I don't scare you?" He said getting close to her. She shrugged.

"Why would you scare me?" She said not turning around.

"Rumors. They spread, i am positive you heard them." He said.

"And? They are just rumors. If they are true...what's my business in it?" She questioned him.

He had never met a person so understanding. He sat on the steps and just looked around.

"What are you here for?" He asked.
"Sometimes i just have to get away...and you?" She said still not facing him.

"Similar reasoning... but I was supposed to ask you...could you tutor me in muggle studies..your the only person with a higher grade then me." He said glumly. Hermione finally turned, and nodded.

"When?" She asked him. He shrugged.

"Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 5 in this tower?" She asked him sitting next to him. He became tense.

"Uh..."

"You're going to have to get used to me sitting near you. Oh, right." She laughed.
"It's me being a mudblood that makes you uncomfortable." She stood up and started walking away.

Her hand was grabbed and she turned around to see Draco Malfoy actually touching her. Her eyebrows went up in shock, and his hand left her.

"Granger, I need this. I am asking you nicely." She stared at him.

"See you tomorrow." Then she left.

+ + +

Hermione walked into the astronomy tower to see Draco waiting. She softly smiled and sat next to him.

"Okay, lets begin."

An hour went by and Draco stared at Hermione. He never realized how pretty she was. She is incredibly smart as well. He liked that about her.

As they kept meeting, Dracos feelings grew stronger. Hermione subconsciously has feelings for him. She knew she felt lighter when she was around him. And laughed more when she was with him.

Something could begin.