Chapter 1 | Day One

Natasha threw her bag onto the couch, studying the flat.      

The apartment couldn't be smaller, a smell of smoke invaded her nose as she frowned at the worse conditions of the flat, just as its old way. At the sitting room sat a couch and a table with two chairs and a small kitchen beside, a bathroom and a small chamber for one person at both sides of the corridor, a small television on the opposite side of the couch and that was all.      

Loki followed her as he entered the apartment expressionlessly, failed to suppress a small frown played between his eyebrows. The decayed walls surrounding them were in rotten yellow and worn out, the couch was too soft to react for the sudden crush of Natasha's bag.      

"Wanna get back?" Natasha teased him. After the dialog with Loki while he was impriosoned during the Avengers event had left an impression to her, an impression of fear. Even she had deciphered his plot eventually, she still hated the way he told the truth. Her past was too bloody to believe and she couldn't deny, when this guy caught a leg of hers he was not likely to let go. Clint told him everything about her, and she could resent no one but herself, although this was actually her plan to manipulate him to tell his intention, but...she couldn't say she was scared, but it did recall memories.     

"Even if I am dying here, no," Loki darkened his tone, Natasha could feel the rage boiling inside him, and there must be something wrong with him or with his family, but she wouldn't dare to ask a thing about it, she wouldn't.      

Natasha felt stranged. Whenever he was near she could still sense his evilness, but she could tell there was a slight difference since the last time she met him. She could sense a hint of humanity in him, god knew what the hell he had gone through in Asgard, but she knew there must be someone powerful enough to change him even for the slightest bit.   

Whatever, he was still dangerous and to end this misery, Natasha should do nothing more than thinking of a way to transport him to Asgard.      

"How long do you plan to stay, really," Natasha sat on the couch, sighing, "You are pulling me into the water with you."       

"Well you know I ain't the one that cares about whoever's feeling." Loki remained standing as he glared. Natasha was not likely to be scared by the way he stared at her, after all she was a spy, and she was trained to intrude people's mind like hackers, so when Loki was playing mind games with her she knew it, and she had totally mastered how to give right responses for that was what she was trained for.    

"I really don't understand why don't you just stay in Asgard. You prefer a messy apartment like this more than a royal chamber with servants waiting for your commands?"   

"Yes."   

Natasha shot him a confused look as Loki stared back.      

"You are sleeping on the couch," Natasha picked up her bag, uttering, "I'm sleeping inside."      

Loki didn't say a thing, and Natasha assumed that it was a 'okay'.      

She looked at the clock hanging up on the wall, seven at night. "I am going downstairs for a meal and if you are in the mood, you can go with me."      

"Can't you just call someone to make them deliver the food for us," Loki frowned, he didn't wish to go out, he needed some peaceful days after all those crazy events he had gone through with Thor. Natasha found a menu for takeaway beside the television, studying, "Yes." she handed that to Loki, "Order whatever you want, your budget is twelve dollars."   

"I don't know your language."   "Study the pictures."      

"And you are expecting me to know what the hell you humans are eating." Loki looked confused as he stared at the menu in his hands.