Chapter 6 | ...Chips.

Natasha didn't know what time was it when she woke, but she could tell it was already quite late, she was really exhausted. Loki was nowhere to be seen, Natasha supposed he had gone back to his room. She wondered what he had been doing the whole night, if he was not sleeping he must be feeling quite alone. She knew he had approached to gain a closer look of her when she was almost asleep, but she was not sure what then happened.   

She walked outside to take a peep of Loki's room, empty with the door open wide, she went downstairs, the sun was piercing, it was a sunny day.   

She still couldn't get it, she didn't know why would Fury try to take him, he had vowed to hurt no one even her, he didn't do anything. Now she helped him escape and she would be chased by them as well probably, she didn't want to think about it, her head ached. Her mind was filled with questions, first time since everything.   

Guess it's chips again, Natasha gave a small laugh silently, gotcha. She could hear the cracking sound of the chips, and there was only one person that would eat chips for breakfast.   

And he was the right person to answer her questions.   

"Man, I'm in the kitchen." Loki couldn't be more surprised that she could find him so rapidly, the kitchen was in a dark corner of the whole house.   

"Know what, that's your habit." Natasha randomly grabbed a mug, "Eating chips in the morning, cause no one does that."  

Loki remained motionless as he kept chewing, his firm back against the wall, he rested his weight on his left leg and his right one was stretched forth slightly."It's almost noon, Romanoff."    

Natasha's eyes went to his wounds, they looked just fine.   

"Where's the old man?" Natasha didn't even bother to scan, she asked directly, Loki had probably stayed awake the whole night again, she expected him to search for him.   

"Gone." Loki simply splitted out. He really didn't understand why was he eating chips, he would never forget the taste, it was unique to him, he didn't know why, but it seemed that only thing he had tried here besides pizza.   

"He's...so nice to us." Natasha made a pondering face. "Why?" Another question she couldn't stop wondering, deep inside her heart she somehow knew Loki could explain everything.   

"Why?" Loki gave a rough laugh. "Why are you always asking me why?"   

Natasha didn't say anything, she was speechless.  

"I'm probably thinking about the same thing with you Romanoff, he looks familiar."   

"And you figure out who he is?"   

Loki looked away from her. "Not yet."   

Natasha's eyes landed on the empty packet held in his hand. "Your arm...okay?"   

Loki snorted. "As fine as yours."

"Another one. You know magic."   

"I do."   "You can heal yourself."   

Loki finally figured out what was she asking him about.   

"Healing someone, including myself, will extend the time needed for recovery of other wounds." Loki's hands traveled to his stomach, "This."   

Natasha supposed it would be a big wound, but Loki didn't show any emotion, he was tough, yes, but weak on the other side of his heart.   

"Healing you last time was, agent, to gain your trust. I truly, urgently needed help, I guess you knew it."