Chapter 2

When they are three hours away, the bus breakdowns. The younger members of the pack shout in anger. Seokjin chuckles and tries to calm them down. Yoongi remains seated, peering out of the window and lazily watches them as Namjoon opens the Battery Box to check while Hoseok stands next to the latter, his hands resting on his hips. 

Yoongi is usually good with his hands and can repair a shit ton of things. Most of the things at their house have survived because of his tinkering (what with the clumsy pack members having a penchant for breaking things). He isn't that good with cars. Although he is confident about being able to lend a hand and help the others and maybe better than most mechanics if he set his mind to it, he isn't going to. Hoseok is their resident mechanic (and the second go-to-guy for the pack and their mutual friends) and Yoongi has no reason to not let Hoseok do something he likes. So, Yoongi closes his eyes and falls asleep.

He wakes up only when the loud shouts of Jimin and Seokjin disturb his sleep. He sits up, cursing.

"What the fuck?", he asks to no one in particular.

"Go back to sleep, Hyung," Jimin says.

Yoongi looks around. Taehyung is sleeping at the back and Seokjin is awkwardly flapping his hands in an excited manner.

"Did the bus start?" Yoongi rubs his right eye, slightly annoyed. They are getting late and might not make it on time.

"Of course!" 

Namjoon is back on the bus now and says, "Am so tired," as he groans and kisses Seokjin. Jimin coos at them. Seokjin takes his place behind the wheel and Namjoon passes by them on the aisle and says, irritatedly. "I am tired as fuck."

Yoongi hums sympathetically but doesn't say anything in response. Namjoon and he are like that. They do not need too many words to converse. The pack leader goes and flops himself next to Taehyung. The engine starts and the bus jolts before it begins to move.

"Wait, where's Hobi?"

Jimin sits down next to him. "He's over there." Hoseok is sitting crouched, near the open door.

Yoongi looks back at Jimin. "Where did they even find a mechanic in the middle of nowhere?"

"We didn't," Namjoon grouses from the back.

"Then?"

"My very talented mate did it," Seokjin says loudly from the front. "And, Hobi."

Hoseok, at the mention of his name, stands up, stretching languidly and Yoongi takes it in. For an Alpha, Hoseok is pretty lean and well... He is not like Namjoon, who is big and can look like he can be a threat with his brooding and aura. He isn't like Taehyung either, tall and different. Actually, Taehyung doesn't count. On most of the days, if Yoongi hadn't known better, he would think Taehyung has no gender. He is pretty genderfluid that way. He behaves neither like an alpha or a beta or an omega. He is all three or none of them. It confuses Yoongi plenty. Namjoon is very different from all the alphas he had known before him but then he met Taehyung and wow. Because even Namjoon could be very Alpha like dominating and condescending at times but Taehyung is nothing like that. He never is. Yoongi wonders what Jungkook thinks of it. The Omega doesn't really know the younger omega, only having met him once before this but he has heard plenty from Jimin and Seokjin how an adorable, pretty omega he is. As long as Taehyung is happy, Yoongi isn't much bothered by what Jungkook is like.

But, he digresses. 

Hoseok walks towards them, wiping the sweat from his forehead and Yoongi turns his eyes away to the dark sky outside.

"Good job!", Jimin says cheerfully, "as expected of our Hobari ~ "

Jimin and Hoseok would make a great couple but why they don't get together is beyond him.

"Thanks."

Hoseok has a girlfriend. Oh well.

"Can you take that seat?" Yoongi hears Hoseok asking with a very tired voice. Jimin always the angel says, 'of course' and vacates the seat. "Hey."

"Hey," Yoongi replies monotonously but doesn't look at him.

Hoseok slumps into the seat and they sit next to each other wordlessly. Maybe he is asleep. Yoongi doesn't check. The dancer is here to rest and Yoongi lets him.

There are going to officially meet Jungkook and his parents. They'll be staying at Busan for a few days, Jungkook's parents meeting/evaluating Taehyung as per custom and will then announce a few days later that now Jungkook is spoken for and will get to mate with Taehyung when he completes his education. But that is quite a many days away. Their immediate concern is the Jeons having no issue with the pack. If somehow they do not like them, it is going to turn out to be a problem. Seokjin is confident that there shall be none but he knows Namjoon and Hoseok harbour their doubts. While the older members of Namjoon's pack are financially and career-wise doing well, it may not be enough. Jungkook, apparently, comes from a posh Busan family who are high on traditions and Yoongi and the rest of the pack are nothing close to being traditional. Jungkook's brother had reassured them that they may be traditional but they aren't orthodox or assholes.

Yoongi is glad that Jungkook's family is concerned about his well-being and love him. He is happy that Jeon Seniors are giving Jungkook the chance to choose his own mate. He stuffs his balled hands into the pockets of his coat.

Hoseok shifts in the seat next to him and Yoongi glances down at him to check. Hoseok's eyes are bloodshot as he squints at the blond omega.

"Sleep," is all he says and flings an arm over Yoongi who grumbles but lets the alpha hug him. The former has closed his eyes already and he hears a snickering from behind. Yoongi ignores Jimin, rolling his eyes. 

 Yoongi falls asleep a few minutes later. He is woken up an hour later by Taehyung who taps his watch. He checks the time. Oh. It is already time to relieve Seokjin of his driving duties. Yoongi carefully stands up, shifting the hand away and quietly manoeuvres himself around Hoseok and stands in the aisle. The bus halts and Seokjin leaves his seat, rolling his shoulders to alleviate the stiffness in his back. The oldest omega stretches his limbs and Yoongi makes quick circles in the air, exercising his wrists.

Taehyung comes back with a mug of hot coffee and pours another mug full of the sweet, rich liquid from a flask and hands it to Yoongi.

"Bought this while you were asleep."

"Thanks," Yoongi mumbles, not particularly meeting the youngest alpha's eyes.  He hears Seokjin sigh but he doesn't acknowledge either. "The GPS is set, right?"

"Of course." Seokjin has dark patches under his eyes and looks fucking tired. "Should reach by another hour or so."

"Go sleep." And as an afterthought, tacks on, "you too."

"Yes, hyung," Taehyung says, smiling. "Good night, hyung." Yoongi hums. The alpha then wishes Seokjin and goes to the back while Yoongi sits down in the driver's seat and checks everything while Seokjin goes out to take care of his nature's call. By the time he has returned, Yoongi has finished his drink and is all set to drive them to the end of their journey.

"Good night, Jin hyung."

"G'nnight, Yoongichi," Seokjin says, yawning and takes the seat immediately behind him.

Yoongi hears Seokjin and Namjoon murmuring at some point but they are all quiet for most part of the rest of the journey. By the time the bus enters Busan, everyone's sleeping, Namjoon's snores the loudest as ever.

a/n: Hoping to update sooner from now on :)