Chapter 34

Tom waited. It’s now after dinner. She’s not coming. She might come. She’s just late. She’s never late. She will come. She won’t. Tom decided that maybe she won’t come, stood up and walk towards the door when it opened before he even touched it. She came.

“Er, Hi.” She said.

“You came.” There was the obvious surprise in his voice.

“I did.” Hermione sounded like she was surprise that she came.

“Er, I, er, why don’t we sit down first?” he stumbled with his words.

“Sure.”

The silence was awkward. “So, you wanted to meet up?” Hermione finally broke the silence.

“Yes.” He answered. He doesn’t know what to say. All the courage he packed up for weeks seems to be lost.

“Why?” Hermione asked.

He took a deep breath, “I want to say sorry. Sorry that I walked out on you, sorry that everyone is making up rumours about you and it’s my fault, sorry, I really am sorry. But I love you. I love you Hermione. And I want to know if, if you feel the same.” He mumbled the last part.

“Tom” Hermione sighed, “I do feel the same. But what would people say? They already made rumours, they will sure make more.”

“I don’t really care what they say, I only care what you say, what you feel. If the rumours hurt you, which I know they did, then I’ll wait, I will never stop loving Hermione. And I will protect you.”

“I love you too, Tom. And you don’t need to wait.”

“You mean you’re my girlfriend?” he asked, bewildered.

“Do you want too?” she asked. Amusement was clear in her eyes.

“Hermione Jean Granger, will you be my girlfriend?” Tom asked as he held her hand.

“I would love to.” She answered and she pecked his lips. Tom’s face went hot and red, Hermione laughed, for the first time since Ron broke up with her.