Chapter 2

Recap: Could my life get any worse?

**

"You guys will also be living together." My dad stated.

 Ok, my life did just get worse…

"Kennedy, why don't we go home and get started on packing?" D's father asked as he stood up.

Hugging D, I said good bye to her parents. Once they left I picked up my chair and sat back down putting my face in my hands.

"Why can't you be more like Kennedy, you’re such a disgrace to this family." My father slammed his fist on the table.

"Are you kidding me?" I lifted my head out of my hands.

"I felt bad putting you through this but if this is how you’re going to act then I’m happy you’re leaving this house."

"All you ever say is how horrible I am and how you want me to be more like D, but you know what? This is me and I don’t give a shit what you think. You never gave a shit about me. You always wonder why I want to go to California for college and it’s because you’re a horrible father."

My mother just sat there and stared as I finished my rant. After a moment of silence she spoke up, "Sweetie you were an accident and you should have never been born.”

"Well you’re not my real mother. I know the whole story, my real mother died and father was the only relative I had because of a one night stand he had with my real mother. But you were already married and hated my mother and me. You thought I didn't know, but I heard you talking to this ugly whore; who I might add has cheated on you so many times, you told her everything. I HATE BOTH OF YOU!" I screamed the last part and ran upstairs. Finally I had gotten that off my chest, I screamed into my pillow.

Pulling out my suitcases and duffel-bag the duffel-bag I filled both up with my hair stuff and books and other things I needed. I folded all my clothes and packed them away.  My room was slowly looking emptier and emptier.

I stopped packing and opened my window, I climbed out the window and sat on my roof staring at the stars, and I put my iPod in and let the music fill my thoughts. I jumped when something touched me; I looked up to see D standing next to me. I pulled my ear buds out, “Hey”

“Come with me” She said and we climbed back into my room and snuck out of my house. I followed her into the woods behind my house. Deep in the woods was a little water fall that led into a big pond and the way the moon shone on it, it looked lovely. I walked over next to the waterfall and sat down with my feet touching the water. (What the waterfall looks like: http://www.vaflyfishmtguide.com/images/RosePlunge.jpg)

“You okay?” D asked me sitting across from me.

“Yeah, I just got into a fight with my parents. I finally told them I knew that my mother was not my real mother then I screamed I hated them.” I traced the water with my foot.

“Wow, my mother cried and my father just apologies the whole way home” She smiled.

“Hey, how did you find this place?” I asked trying to change the subject.

“When we used to play hide and go seek or man hunt I found it then and when I found you on the roof I figured it would help now” she smiled at me. “The stars are really pretty tonight aren’t they” she stated.

“How are we going to do this D? I had plans, college, traveling the world, grad school successful job then marriage. This is not how I wanted my life to go” I started to freak out a little bit.

“Just put marriage first then do everything else, I know you. You are flexible and can overcome anything” She reassured me.

“How are you not freaking out?” I was surprised she was so calm.

“Well I don’t hate the person I’m supposed to marry and I just planned on college and traveling and I can do both with my husband.” She smiled.

“You always look on the Brightside of things” I stated. I laid down and stared at the stars.

"I want time to stop right now" I whispered to the stars.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading!!!!