I'm No Angel

May 26th, 2014

Lebanon Kansas

Alex heaved a large sigh, flicking her wrist to send a tennis ball hurling across the small room. It bounced off the the slick stone wall and careened back into her waiting hand, and the ex-angel couldn't help but appreciate the noise that it made. It was the only sound in the room, the steady thump thump thump against the stone.

She could feel Crowley's gaze resting upon the side of her face, unblinking, but the demon said nothing. As per usual, she thought with a roll of her eyes. The young girl had taken up spending her time in the dungeon with the King of Hell, despite his unwillingness to speak. Even without his witty conversation, being with him ... it made her feel a little less human.

She threw the ball off of the wall again and listened to the satisfying and rhythmic thud. Crowley grunted as the ball landed close to his foot, and Alex shot him a quick glance out of the corner of her eye. Blood stained the demon's hair, and his bottom lip was swollen, but the defiance and amusement that sparkled in his eyes couldn't be hidden by his injuries.

They were the result of yesterday's run-in with Kevin Tran. While Alex had been sleeping off her pain, the prophet had apparently come down and beaten what Dean had colorfully described as 'the absolute shit out of him.' The reason behind it still wasn't clear, but not only had Crowley started giving the names of demons to the two brothers, but he had even let it slip that Mrs. Tran was still alive.

And yet, in spite of his talkative manner with the Winchesters, he had still yet to utter a word to her.

"Alex?" Dean appeared in the doorway, a frown growing across his face as he saw the two of them together. However, all he said was, "Come on. Sam's found something."

Alex stiffly rose to her feet and reached for the pair of old crutches that leaned against the wall before she stepped out of the dungeon, leaving Dean to cast Crowley a low glare and push the bookshelves back into place. She let him take the lead as they made their way up the flight of brightly-lit stone stairs until they reached the library. Sam was sitting at one of the sleek wooden tables, and his head lifted as they entered. "Hey," he greeted. "You found her."

"What's up?" Alex slid into a chair next to Sam, wincing as she rested her left arm against the table. A deep bruise still marred her forearm, painful evidence of her fall from grace. "Is everything okay?" Her eyes moved over a large map of Colorado that was laid out across the table. "What's this?"

"This is where Cas called us on Tuesday." Dean pointed towards the center of the map. "From Longmont, Colorado. The circles on here are how far he could have gotten in one, two, and three days of moving." He pointed to the three red rings in order, and Alex nodded in understanding. "Sam?"

"The same day Castiel called us, there was a weird murder in that same town. Cops said it was like the vic was blasted from the inside out."

"Angel kill." Alex's brow furrowed in confusion. "So the other angels — they fell, but they're not human? It's just me and Castiel who lost their grace." Her eyes locked with Sam's. "Guys — they're hunting him."

"Don't worry." Dean's warm hand came to rest upon her shoulder. "Finding him is top on our list."

"Yesterday, two priest were murdered in Emory Park, Iowa," Sam said, pulling up the newspaper articles. "Their eyes were burned out, and there was evidence of torture. They were found impaled on posts."

"It sounds like the angels are looking for info," Dean added, and deep concern slid across his face. "Sam and I are heading there now, so we'll keep you updated."