Chapter One Prt 2: His Loss

After almost a month of training with Izunaga, Minazuki has a firm understanding of his Imperial Arm and his natural abilities are on a whole new level. They're in the middle of their last training session when Minazuki manages to knock the sword right out of Izunaga's hands with a powerful punch. "Marvelous! Now let's see if you can best me in hand-to-hand combat!", Izunaga shouts as he starts dodging Minazuki's attacks. It doesn't take long for Minazuki to shift the ground from under Izunaga's feet and give himself an opening to attack. He holds his fist an inch from Izunaga's face with a grin before saying, "Looks like I win again, Teacher." Izunaga smiles and says, "It seems you have. Well done, my student. You've grown quite well in just a few weeks." "You think so? I didn't even notice.", Minazuki says jokingly. "Don't get so full of yourself for beating an old man like myself. If I were a few years younger and had an Imperial Arm, this could've turned out very different.", Izunaga says as he gets up and cracks his back. "So, what about Phi's training? Is she still improving?", Minazuki asks. "Phi? She's doing well, but she isn't quite on our level. I bet she'd be able to beat Ikashi in a fist fight though.", Izunaga says with a slight smirk on his face. "She hasn't picked out a weapon for herself yet, but she's very adept at the general rules of combat.", Izunaga adds as he picks up his sword and sheathes it. "That's a shame. She's always been a good fighter, but she never was good at making up her mind.", Minazuki says with a light chuckle. "No weapon has really spoken to me yet though.", they hear Phi say from out of nowhere. They both turn to see Phi walking toward them. She walks up to Minazuki and throws a quick left hook at him, trying to catch him off guard. He manages to dodge the attack and goes to counter attack with a knee to her gut, but she also manages to dodge as well. She goes for a knock out with a strong right hook, but he sees the attack coming and attacks her attack head on with his own right hook. When their fists meet, there's a shockwave that goes through the air. She's sent skidding back a few feet, but still standing as he just stands there with his fist out and a grin on his face. "That was pretty good. You weren't kidding, Izunaga.", Minazuki says with an impressed look. "You're not too bad yourself, Minazuki. It's impossible to ever catch you off guard anymore.", Phi says as she fixes an out of place hair between her eyes. He wipes the sweat from his forehead while saying, "You almost caught me off guard, but Quake's sixth sense kind of gave the attack away. Did you come over here to train or was there something else?" She gets a shocked look on her face before saying, "Oh, I almost forgot, the Village Elder said he'd like to speak with you. He said he wanted to speak with you right away, so I guess it's urgent." "Really? I'll go up now. See ya later.", Minazuki says before heading off. 

When he gets up there, he sees Yata standing in front of a statue of the spirit of the shrine, an Ancient Earth Dragon. "You came, good. I need to tell you somethings.", Yata says as he looks up at the statue's giant wings. "I'm listening.", Minazuki says as he walks over to Yata's side. "You remember the tale of Shoryu?", Yata asks. "Yeah, he was the guy who used these gauntlets before me and stole from the rich to give to the poor, right?", Minazuki asks as he looks up at the dragon statue too. "Yes, but there's more to the story than that.", Yata explains. "One night, Shoryu's team of bandits was ambushed and in order to buy enough time to let his allies get away, he tore a hole into the earth that eventually grew into the size of a great city in the matter of minutes. It was rumored that he died in this battle, a hero who gave his life for his people. But the truth is, he lived that fateful battle and established this very village we live in today.", Yata explains with a smile on his face. He reaches into his robes and pulls out a mask. The mask is black with a brown with only one eye hole on its right side and dragon design across that eye hole. "This was the mask he wore when he robbed the rich. And from this day forward, it will be your mask.", Yata says as he hands Minazuki the mask. Minazuki looks at the mask he was just handed and asks, "Why would I need this? I'm not planning on becoming a bandit or anything." He turns to see a sad look on Yata's face before he says, "That's where the other thing I wanted to talk to you about comes in. I believe tonight is the night that I saw in my vision one month ago." "Tonight!? Are you sure!?", Minazuki asks slightly panicked. Yata nods his head and says, "I'm afraid I had another vision as well. I saw a powerful general slowly slaughtering our people without any remorse or hesitation. Their soldiers ravaged the village in many ways before burning the remains, leaving everyone there to die in the fire." Minazuki is shocked by what he's hearing before saying, "Can't we do something? We've held our ground for so long now. And I've gotten much stronger! We can stand and fight them!" They suddenly hear Izunaga come in as he says, "That's a futile plan and you know it."