26

Nahmir

We decided to just chill at a park, sitting on the bench and allat, then sneak home and pack up. We'd leave and fly to Mexico and never return. That was our plan.

"Where we gone get money from?" Tay asked.

"For what?"

"For Mexico."

I shrugged. "I dunno...Tay, are you honestly pregnant?"

He shrugged. "Well, that's what the doctor said. I'm only 17. You only 18. This ain't how I pictured life."

"What are people gone think about this?" I asked.

"Whatchu' mean? They ain't gotta know nun. It Ain't they business anyway."

"Yeah but...what am I gonna tell Brielle? I'm the father of my stepbrother's baby. That's normal."

He gave me a look. "I thought you said you was done with her. You with me now."

I kissed my teeth. He was starting to irritate me a lil too much now. "I only said that to calm yo' annoying ass down. Damn, can't get no peace and quiet around you."

"I'm annoying now-"

"Dammit Taymor, just shut up already! All you do is complain bout this. Complain bout that. Ion want you, Ion wanna be witchu', Ion want that stupid baby, I just want you to leave me the fuck alone!" I yelled at him. "All you been doing is messing with my head, screaming bout  yo' damn problems, and making me get all pissed off! Just take YOUR bitch baby and leave!"

He stared at me with tears in his eyes and my eyes widened as I realized what I had said.

"Oh god, Tay, Im so sorry...I wasn't in control when I said that-"

He stood up. "No, you clearly were." His voice was shaky and soft. "I-If you don't wanna d-do this, that's f-fine." Tears fell down his cheeks rapidly as if he was about to break down at any moment. It broke my heart seeing him like this.

"I'll leave. You ain't gotta look for me." He said, sighing and walking away.

I grabbed his arm with tears now welled up in my eyes. "I'm sorry Tay...I really didn't mean to-"

"L-Let go, Nahmir." He held his head down as he cried.

I didn't wanna let go of him. I didn't want him to just walk away like that. It was like a knife, right through my heart.

"Nahmir...I'm done fighting! J-Just let go of me." He whimpered.

He yanked his hand away and left me. I'm such a retard. I don't even know where he's going. I just know that he left me. I can't process this right now. I put my head in my arms and started to cry.

I just sobbed and sobbed until I felt dried out.

Soon, I felt someone put their arm around me. I jumped up, thinking it was Taymor. It was Brielle.

"Hey baby, why you crying? On your birthday too?" She asked.

"N-No reason..."

"You just crying for no reason? Baby, tell me what's up?"

I wasn't gone tell her anything. "I just lost one of my favorite cousins. He died in a car crash."

She hugged me. "It's okay Mir, he's in heaven now."

I wiped my tears and stared at the ground. I'm a terrible person.

She got up and went to a bed of flowers and picked some up. She came back over and sat next to me. "Happy birthday babe."

I smiled and took the flowers. "Thanks Brielle."

~~~

I lost my idea for this chapter. The ending was supposed to be happy but I forgot what I was doing and it turned into this.